Everybody has faced their apps crashing. Don’t you feel irritated when you download an app and it crashes on the first time you open it. Many people have reported Skype, Instagram, Facebook and other such apps crashing on their iOS devices. There can be a lot of reasons behind the crash and it would be unfair to assume an app as buggy just because it crashed.
Image : iOS 9 App Crashing iPhone
Many people claim that a soft-reset can fix this problem. Yes, it does work most of the times but isn’t an all-round solution. There are a few more effective methods to solve this issue.
Solve iOS 9 Crashing Apps Issue :
1. Soft Reset
A soft reset is the first thing that everyone does to their iPhone when an app crashes every time they open it. The soft reset kills the apps and release the memory, thus giving you a fresh start.
Follow these steps to perform a soft reset on your iOS device :
- Hold down the power button and the home button simultaneously.
- Do nothing even if any option comes up on the screen.
- The screen goes blank and the iPhone shuts off. Do not release the buttons yet. The device will reboot and the Apple logo will show up.
Done! Now try opening the app again and see if it still crashes. Most of the times, it does work.
2. Reinstall the App from PC | Mac
If the first solution does not work for you, then you need to delete that app and install it again. But this time, you need to install it through iTunes, then transfer it to your device through syncing. Use the below given steps.
- Delete the crashing app from the device.
- Download the app in your iTunes.
- Connect the device to your PC | Mac.
- Sync the device so that the app gets installed successfully.
- Disconnect your device after syncing is completed.
- Restart the device and run the app.
Move on to the next step if the crashing still persists.
3. Clear Memory
Sometimes people open up a lot of apps with internet and music and everything running at one time. This causes a lot of memory to be in use. Thus, when you open another app, it just won’t start due to not-enough-memory and hence will crash . To solve this :
- Swiftly press the home button twice (double press) which opens up the multi-task switching bar. Close all the unnecessarily running apps by swiping up every app. Then try opening the crashing app again.
- The issue can be due to less storage, so try to clear up a few songs which you never usually listen to. Also get rid of all the videos that you don’t see anymore, and do the same thing with images. Free as much space as you can so that no app crashes due to low storage issue.
If the problems still persist even after trying so many solutions, you just have one way out. You will need to restore your device and start afresh. But wait! You don’t necessarily have to do this, as many a times, it is the app that is the issue and not your iPhone. So not using the app or downloading a more stable version of it can help in such cases.
The App Store houses more than 1.2 million apps, but not each one of them is Angry Birds, Spotify, or Gmail. A lot of the apps are badly developed, problematic, and full of bugs. If none of the given solutions work for you, then you should probably get rid of the app first, as it can be causing all the problems with your device.