Apple introduced the Force Touch technology first in the MacBook and Apple Watch, and then made it available for the new iPhones as 3D Touch. The feature has provided awesome shortcuts to users and has been gaining popularity since then. Since the release of the Pangu 9 jailbreak, Cydia developers have been working hard to create new tweaks to work with the 3D Touch function. A few tweaks have already been released and try to mimic the feature on all iOS 9 devices. However, a new jailbreak tweak called Appendix allows you to interact with Home screen folders in a new and “3D Touch” way.
Image : 3DTouch Tweak – Appendix
- The Appendix tweak uses the Quick Actions feature of 3D Touch in order to help users to quickly launch apps in folders.
- The tweak allows you to launch apps in the Home screen folders without even having to open the folders. This saves a bit time and effort.
- After installing the Appendix tweak, when you force touch or long press on a folder on the Home screen, a new shortcut menu opens up and shows you the first four apps that are in the particular folder. You can then tap on any app that you want to launch. This way, you do not have to open the folder in order to open the apps.
- You do not need to configure any settings or options. Just install the Appendix tweak and it starts working immediately.
- The 3D Touch feature is only available in the iPhone 6s and 6s Plus as they carry pressure sensitive displays. However, the Appendix tweak works on other iOS 9 devices as well.
- If you want to install Appendix on other iOS devices, you need to first install tweaks like RevealMenu or Touch 3D that brings the Force Touch function to other iOS devices as well.
The concept of the Appendix tweak is very interesting and is something that Apple should consider including in future iOS releases. The tweaks makes it easier to launch apps that are hidden away in folders on the Home screen. While it may not save much time, it definitely is a much wanted shortcut and will be appreciated by users.
In case you like app shortcuts and want to try out the Appendix tweak, you can get it for free from the BigBoss repo in Cydia. The tweak is supported on all the iOS 9 devices.