While users are busy updating to the recently seeded iOS 10.0.1, Apple has silently pushed out the first iOS 10.1 beta on 21st Sep 2016. iOS 10.1 beta 1 has was a complete surprise for users, developers, and jailbreakers alike, as the firmware brought some great performance improvements, and Apple might also introduce some interesting features in this new update. So if you haven’t updated to iOS 10.1 beta 1 yet, just follow this simple tutorial given below and install the beta for free without paying $99 for the Apple Developer Program membership .
Image : iOS 9.3.3 Beta 1 Download
Method 1 – Install iOS 10.1 Beta 1
Please note that since iOS 10 beta is a copyright of Apple, hence no direct download links can be provided here. We can only provide a link to another website which hosts the iOS 10 beta firmware file. [ Download Here ]. You can also install iOS 10.1 beta using our UDID Registration [ext link] method explained below in Method 2 .
Install iOS 10.1 Beta without a Developer Account :
Image : iOS 10.1 Beta 1 OTA
Always make it a point to create a backup of your iOS device using iTunes or iCloud before upgrading to a beta firmware. This is because the beta may contain a few bugs and you might want to restore back to the previous version.
- Your iOS device must be running iOS 10
- Create a full backup of your device via iTunes or iCloud.
- Make sure that you have the latest version of iTunes installed in your computer; if not, then update it first.
- Next, open iTunes and go to the device summary. Now hold down the Option [ Alt ] key if you’re on Mac or the Shift key if you’re on Windows and simultaneously click on the Restore button.
- A prompt will come up and will ask you to select the IPSW file. Use the the specific iOS 10.1 IPSW file for your specific device model. Download beta files here .
- If you are on Windows, you might need to extract the downloaded file or change its extension to .ipsw if it is not already having .ipsw extension.
- After selecting the firmware file, the restore process will be completed by iTunes and your device will be upgraded to iOS 10.1.
Note : If you use iTunes services in your device after restoring to iOS 10.1 using the above method, you might face activation issues. So use only iCloud services.
Method 2 – Register your Device UDID
If you want to download and install iOS 10 beta legally but don’t want to pay $99 for Apple’s Developer Program, you can join our UDID Registration Service [ext link]. It costs only $10 per year and you get all the beta updates for one year totally free.