Pangu jailbreak is the talk of the town now, thanks to iOS 10.2 that came out quite a few days ago and patched the exploits of Pangu Jailbreak [ext link]. Apple then went ahead and released the first iOS 10 developer beta a couple of days later, followed by the iOS 10.2 and then iOS 10.2.1 beta 1. It seems like Apple is getting more serious day by day regarding the performance of iOS. Keeping up to its beta release schedule, Apple has rolled out the second iOS 10.2.1 beta 2 to its Developer Program today.
Image : iOS 10.2.1 beta 2 Firmware Update
The iOS 10.2.1 beta 2 release comes just a week after the first beta, and brings in a few bug fixes and hardly any new features. Even we don’t expect any major additions right now, as the beta has been released earlier than expected. Yet it’s good to see Apple trying to fix all the bugs existent in the firmware. We will let you know if we find any new features in iOS 10.2.1 beta 2. Till then, here’s the full changelog.
Download iOS 10.2.1 beta 2
If you have registered to the Developers Program, then you can login and download the betas right away for testing them on your iOS devices. If not, then remember that you need to pay an annual fee of $99 to join the program. Alternatively, you can get the exactly same service and benefits without Premium UDID Registration Service [ext link], which costs just $10 per year.
In case you are already running the first iOS 10 beta on your iOS device, then go you can update to the second beta via OTA by simply going to Settings > General > Software Update or Manual Installation using the process explained below .
Installing iOS 10.2.1 beta 2 IPSW Manually :
Before you go ahead and install iOS 10.x.x beta 2 on your device, make sure to create a full backup of the device using iTunes or to iCloud. Once done, follow the below-given steps.
- Download the correct version of iOS 10.2.1 beta ipsw file on your computer
- Once the file is downloaded, extract it and you will get the iOS 10.2.1 beta 2 ipsw file for installation. Now update your iTunes to the latest version if you haven’t and then run it and simultaneously connect the iOS device to the computer.
- Now hold the Alt key if you are on Mac, or the Shift key if on Windows. Now click the Restore iPhone button. You will be prompted to select the .ipsw file.
- Select the file that you extracted from the download earlier.
- Now iTunes will install the beta on your device. Wait patiently as it will take some time.
- Once the beta is installed, your device will reboot and you will see the iOS Hello screen. Done !
Looking at the speed with which Apple is releasing the betas, the next ones won’t take too long. Till then, enjoy iOS 10.2.1 beta 2 and look out for bugs and vulnerabilities. Happy testing !
Useful Links :