As we all know, the AppSwitcher shows a preview of all those apps on your iOS device that are currently running in the background. Well, the preview displayed might be seen by others, and this can be a privacy issue as the preview displays contents of the app that you would like to remain hidden. Well, if you are using a jailbroken iOS device, this problem can easily be solved. There’s a great jailbreak tweak called BlacklistSwitcher9 that gives you the control of your privacy.
Image : BlackSwitcher9 Tweak
As suggested by the name of the tweak, BlacklistSwitcher9 enables you to blacklist those apps that you don’t want to be displayed in the App Switcher. Interested? Just browse through the features of the tweak below.
- BlacklistSwitcher9 allows you to choose apps and put them into a blacklist so that they do not appear anymore in the App Switcher. After you have blacklisted the apps, the preview card for that app will not be showing in the App Switcher. This helps you keep your privacy safe from prying eyes, as you might sometimes accidentally end up showing some confidential content to a person standing by your side. Watch video below for more details .
- Once you install the BlacklistSwitcher9 tweak, you can go the the preferences pane of the tweak that can be found in the stock Settings app. You can enable or disable the tweak from here.
- If you want to hid an app from the App Switcher, go to the Forbidden Applications option, where you will find a list of all those apps that are installed currently on your iOS device. Just select the apps that you want to blacklist. All the blacklisted apps will appear in the list with a checkmark shown next to them.
- After you have blacklisted all the apps you want to, the tweak starts working right away and you don’t need to respring the device. Just open the App Switcher after making the changes, and you will see that all the apps that you blacklisted are hidden and the preview of those apps isn’t there in the App Switcher.
- However, this also means that those apps cannot be closed from the App Switcher.
Video : BlacklistSwitcher9 in Action
The BlacklistSwitcher9 tweak is really very useful in taking care of your privacy and confidential information. This is the right tweak for those who wished to hide particular apps from the App Switcher. The tweak can be bought from the BigBoss repo in Cydia for just $0.99. Try it out and let us know how it worked for you.