In support of PPHelper jailbreak for iOS 9.2 to iOS 9.3.3, Saurik has now updated his popular tool, Cydia Eraser. Most of you will know this better as Cydia Impactor and the update comes just days after Apple patched PPHelper with iOS 9.3.4 firmware. PPHelper was released by Pangu and PP Assistant but is a semi-untethered tool that only supports Windows and 64-bit devices. For those that have not yet installed it, head over to our detailed tutorial [linked above] on how to do so and then install Cydia Eraser.
Image : Cydia Eraser Download
Cydia Eraser Features :
Cydia Eraser is a vital piece of kit for any jailbreakers, because :
- It allows you to strip your iOS device back to stock without using iTunes
- This means that you will be restored back to the iOS version you were on when you used PPHelper jailbreak, allowing you to reinstall the jailbreak
- Ideal for those times when you may need to take your iOS device to an Apple repair store – removing the jailbreak is simple and Apple need never know, keeping your warranty intact.
- Also useful for when you want to sell your iOS device to someone else who might want to enjoy jailbreaking
- Cydia Eraser works directly on your jailbroken iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch – no need to use a Mac or a PC
- You will need to carry out a full backup of all your data before you use Cydia Eraser as it will remove all your data and settings.
If you use iTunes to restore your iOS device, it will automatically be restored to the latest iOS version, currently iOS 9.3.4, and once Apple stops signing iOS 9.3.3, you will not be able to downgrade iOS 9.3.4 back to iOS 9.3.3 for jailbreaking purposes. Using Cydia Eraser is much easier and much neater, leaving you with the choice of whether to jailbreak again or not.
Right now, Apple is still signing iOS 9.3.3 [at the time of writing this article] but not for much longer so anyone who needs to downgrade must do it now before the window of opportunity closes completely. Cydia Eraser will come into its own at that point so make sure you download it first, before you start installing all your favorite cydia tweaks.
How to Use :
It couldn’t be easier to use Cydia Eraser and you can find full instructions on how to use it to restore your iOS device below. Nothing has changed from when it was Cydia Impactor, only the name and anyone who is using Cydia Impactor should update to the latest version now.
Steps Use Cydia Eraser on iOS 9.3.3 :
- Backup your device using iCloud or iTunes.
- Make sure that your device is plugged in and that it has at least 20% battery.
- Launch Cydia and install Cydia Eraser
- Next, run Cydia Impactor and tap on delete all data and unjailbreak device.
- Confirm the action by tapping the Delete All button. The unjailbreak process will begin; wait patiently and don’t touch anything.
- After Cydia Impactor has finished unjailbreaking your device, the iOS welcome screen will come up.