Most Cydia users know that Cydia Impactor is a vital tool that is used for deleting a jailbreak and remove Cydia. Saurik has renamed the tool as Cydia Eraser now. While Cydia Eraser now does what Cydia Impactor used to do, the latter is now a brand new tool created by Saurik to assist with the installation of unsigned .ipa files by sideloading them.
Image : Cydia Impactor Tool
How to Sideload Apps using Cydia Impactor :
- Download and run Cydia Impactor utility for Mac [ link ] or Windows [ link ]
- Connect your iOS device to your PC or Mac
- Drag the desired .ipa file into Cydia Impactor, keeping the interface open and visible on your desktop, and ensure that your iOS device is recognized by the tool
- An Apple ID warning will appear – click on OK
- Input your Apple ID and password and click on OK . You can set up a dummy account for this if you want.
- Cydia Impactor will now get to work on preparing and signing the IPA file. Provided everything goes as expected, the new app will be downloaded and installed onto your device [ in this case Pangu app] – don’t run it at the moment
- On your iOS device, open Settings > General , tap on Device Management and any lower a version, tap on Profile
- Locate the Apple ID profile and tap it and then tap on Trust
- Come out of Settings and open the new app.
Let us know if you are going to install .ipa files and what you think of this new download and installation method. Follow us on Facebook and Subscribe to our free email newsletter for instant updates to your inbox.