So the iOS 9 jailbreak is finally here and we have no one but the Pangu team to thank for this great surprise that we had been waiting for since long. However, users have already started reporting problems with the iOS 9 jailbreak tool, like Cydia Crashing [ext link] and cydia not opening problems. Well, the Pangu tool is pretty new, and as expected from a new iOS 9 jailbreak tool, it also has a bugs which might be causing such issues.
Image : Cydia Not Opening
A lot of users have reported that when they try to launch Cydia after jailbreaking iOS 9, Cydia does not open at all, and if it does, it crashes right after launching. Installing jailbreak apps and tweaks via Cydia is the major or perhaps the only reason why most users jailbreak, and this is the reason why the problem of Cydia crashing or not opening is a pretty big deal.
However, if you are experiencing the Cydia not opening problem or the Cydia crashing issue, then you can easily fix such issues by following the below-given steps.
How to Fix Cydia Crashing or Cydia Not Opening Issue
- Create a complete unencrypted backup of your iOS device using iTunes. Deselect Encrypt local backup before backing up as shown in the iamge below .
- Download the iOS 9.0.2 IPSW firmware file for your specific iOS device model.
- Now enable DFU mode in your iOS device. For doing this, plug in your iOS device to your computer and open iTunes. Now press down Home and Power buttons together on your iOS device. After around 10 seconds, let go of the Power button but keep pressing down the Home button until you get a confirmation from iTunes that your device is in DFU mode.
- Once you are in the DFU mode, press down the left SHIFT key (Alt | Option key if on Mac) and simultaneously click the Restore iPhone option in iTunes.
- Now go to this link and download Pangu 9 tool [ext link].
- Once downloaded, follow this guide to jailbreak your iOS 9 device with the Pangu 9 tool.
- Once you have jailbroken your device successfully, do not launch Cydia. First make sure that you are connected to WiFi | Internet and the Airplane mode is disabled.
- Now launch Cydia and wait for it to reload completely. Do not disturb Cydia until it loads up completely.
- Once Cydia has finished loading fully, your iOS device will restart.
- You will not notice that Cydia is working fine on your device.
This method has worked for most of the people. But in case you are still having some problems, wait for the Pangu team to release an update for the Pangu 9 tool, which will hopefully fix most of the bugs in it.