iOS 10 was unveiled with lots of enthusiasm at the 2016 WWDC and captured the excitement of all the iOS fans. Apple already had seeded the iOS 10 beta to their Developers Program for testing and development purposes, and by now, it has been installed on numerous devices. But Apple does not rest and knows how to work fast and efficiently, so they released the 1st version of the firmware, the iOS 10.3 beta [at the time of writing this article] , which is now available for download to those who are a part of the Developers Program.
Image : Free iOS Beta Install Tutorial
This new iOS beta mainly focuses on enhancing the security and boosting the performance of the whole system, while adding some more minute features inside the OS. But note that if you update to the newer beta version of iOS from a jailbroken iOS device, you will not be able to jailbreak any more.
If you want to try out the new iOS beta without UDID registration of your device and without paying $99 for the Developers Program, then it is possible as there is a security flaw in iTunes.
Install iOS 10 beta – No Developer Account :
Before proceeding further, please note that this is a tutorial meant for educational purposes solely in order to discover the flaws in the security of iTunes, thereby requesting the developers to realize and amend them. Also note that iOS beta is a copyright of Apple, so we will not provide any immediate download links for the same here. If you want to test the flaws in iTunes, then you will have to download the beta version of the firmware from a different website.[ Download Here ].
That said, if you really want to and are willing independently to upgrade to the new iOS beta firmware which is still in development mode and has not been released yet, you agree to be legally and completely liable for upgrading your iOS device to iOS 10 beta without officially registering the UDID of that device.
Install iOS 10 beta without a Developer Account :
Backup Before Proceeding :
Please note that after testing the beta, if you want to downgrade back to iOS 10.x.x , no data will be retained due to the iTunes downgrade. Any backup made in new iOS will not work on older iOS version, so make sure to make a backup in iTunes or iCloud before proceeding to upgrade.
- Make sure that the iOS device that you wish to upgrade is running on iOS 9 or iOS 10.
- You need to ensure that you can surely restore back to the older firmware by using the next few steps in order to avoid any Activation Error issues [ if it happens ] after updating to iOS 10 beta.
- Backup your device via iCloud or through iTunes.
- Ensure that your computer has the latest version of iTunes installed. If not, then do no go any further and update iTunes first. After that, launch iTunes and go to the device portion. Hold the Shift key if you’re on Windows or Option [ Alt ] key if on Mac. Now click the Restore Your iPhone|iPad button.
- You will receive a prompt asking you to select the IPSW file. Select the file that you downloaded. As said earlier, no direct download links will be provided. You can go here for downloading the files.
- In case you are using a Windows PC, then you need to either extract the file or change it to .ipsw extension.
- Once the firmware is selected and the upgrade has completed, complete the on-device finalization to finish the process.
Note : After upgrading to iOS beta , you may face the Activation issues if your iOS device connects to iTunes. In order to avoid these, only use iCloud services.
Download iOS 10 Beta IPSW:
To get iOS 10 beta legally, you can use our UDID Registration Service [ext link] to register your device for only $10 for a 1 year, during which you will get all the beta updates for free. A limited Public Beta testing program has also been launched by Apple for those who are interested in beta testing iOS . The above given steps should help you to install and run iOS 10.3 on your device even before its public release. In case you encounter any Activation Issues, you should restore your iOS device back to iOS 10.x.x using iTunes.