Update : Apple has reportedly stopped signing iOS 8.4.1 as well as iOS 9.0 . So an attempt to downgrade will give result in “Device Isnt Eligible for Requested Build” error . The downgrade tutorial for iOS is explained below where you can downgrade from a higher firmware to an older firmware while the firmware file is still being signed by Apple. Every iOS firmware must be signed by Apple before you could start using it , which means you need to connect to the internet for this action. If you are looking for a jailbreak , this page is dedicated for iOS 9 Jailbreak tutorials and should be of some help to you .
Why You Should Downgrade iOS 9 :
In case you have installed the iOS 9 on your primary iOS device and are experiencing the some issues, you can downgrade back to iOS 8.4.x to normalize your device again. Another big reason to downgrade to iOS 8.4.x is that it is jailbreakable and iOS 9 is not [at the time of writing this article], so you can enjoy your favorite jailbreak tweaks only on iOS 8.4.x as of now, as it is the latest public release, is stable, and being signed still by Apple.
How to Downgrade iOS 9 :
Note : This tutorial applies to the developer beta releases as well as the full version release of iOS 9.
- Download the iOS 8.4.1 firmware file from this link for the specific model of your iOS device.
- Now update your iTunes to the latest version 12.2 from this link [ Apple ]. In case you are already running this latest version, move on to the next step.
- Now go to Settings in your iOS device and open iCloud. Now go to Find My iPhone and turn it off.
- Now open iTunes and connect your iOS device to the PC or Mac via USB cable.
- Now you need to enter the DFU mode. To do this, press and hold the Touch ID | Home button along with the Power button together. Now wait for approximately 10 seconds and then release the Power button while still holding down the Touch ID | Home button until you receive a popup from iTunes indicating that your device has entered the Recovery Mode.
- Select the Restore iPhone option while pressing down the left Shift key in case you are on Windows or the Option key if on Mac.
- iTunes will then prompt you to select the firmware file. Point it to the iOS 8.4.1 firmware file that you had downloaded earlier in the first step.
- Now the Restore | Downgrade process will begin. Just sit back patiently till the process is completed. Once done, your device will successfully restore back to iOS 8.4.1. [ Image of iPad used here for display purpose only . Works the same way on iPhone and iPod Touch]
- After completing the downgrade, you can Download Cydia and enjoy your favorite jailbreak tweaks.