When PPHelper jailbreak was released a few weeks ago, it was welcomed by all who could use it – at the time, it was not compatible with the Mac nor would it work on any 32-bit device. Since then, it has been updated to support the Mac but it is a semi-untethered jailbreak and there are no plans to change that. Most users who have downloaded PPHelper have done so without any issues but some have unfortunately faced a Cydia error that is preventing the installation of packages onto their devices.
Image : Fix Failed in Buffer Write Error Cydia
The error message they are being faced with says “failed in buffer_write (fd) (6, ret=-1)” and it occurs when they attempt to install a repo package from Cydia. The error is appearing because the destination for the packages to be installed on is the system partition, which is considerably smaller than the data partition where it should be going. Because of this, Cydia stops the installation and displays the error message.
How to Fix “Failed in buffer_write(fd) (8, ret=-1) Error :
There are two ways to fix this error.
Method 1 :
- Tap on the Cydia icon to open it
- Tap Sources > Edit >Add
- In the box, type the following URL in exactly as it is – http://coolstar.org/publicrepo
- Wait for Cydia to download the new repository and all its packages and then tap on Search in Cydia
- Type in the following – Stashing for iOS 9.2 – 9.3.3
- Tap to open and install the package and confirm that you want it on your device
The stashing package ensures that all the packages you download go on to the data partition of your iOS device, saving you a great deal of space and allowing Cydia to go through the installation process without any issues. If this method doesn’t work for you, you can try the next method:
Method 2 :
- Open Cydia
- Tap on Search
- Type in Apple File Conduit 2 and find the app .
- Install the package
- Now download iFunbox onto your computer [ Mac | Windows ]
- Connect your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch to your computer and open iFunbox
- On the left-hand sidebar of iFunbox, click on Raw File System to open it
- Now look on the right-hand side, and there should be a list of the files and the folders that are on your iOS device
- Locate /.cydia_no_stash and rename it to /.cydia_no_stash-
- Remove your device from your computer and tap on Cydia to open it
- Wait for Cydia to prepare the file system and, when done, try downloading your packages again – it should now work without any trouble