iOS is smooth, fluid, and simplistic with a no-nonsense design. However, after years of using iOS devices, a lot of users find the iOS Springboard a tad bit boring. The fun goes away and there are the same icons that you see everyday; nothing new out out of the blue. Well, that’s if you haven’t jailbroken your iOS device. If you are using a jailbroken iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and are on a jailbroken version of iOS 9, then here’s a new jailbreak tweak for you that will add gravity to your home screen, literally !
Image : Gravitation Tweak
The new Cydia tweak is called Gravitation and it brings the gravity effect to your Home screen app icons. In case you are using jailbreaks for quite some time now, you will agree that Gravitation is similar to the Graviboard tweak by Conrad Kramer released in 2010 (who has also gained popularity currently through Workflow). So let’s check out the features of Gravitation and see what it can do to your iOS device.
- As the name suggests, the Gravitation tweak gives your Home screen app icons the real gravity effect that makes them fall in the direction of gravity every time you move or rotate your device. This adds fun to the regular, mundane iOS home screen.
- The Gravitation tweak can be activated by just shaking your iPhone or using an Activator gesture, after which you can rotate your phone and enjoy the icons falling towards the ground.
- After you have downloaded the Gravitation tweak from Cydia and installed it on your iOS device, you can go to the stock Settings app and configure the preferences of the tweak. Inside the preferences, you can assign an Activator gesture to the tweak and can also toggle the tweak on or off.
- The preferences pane of Gravitation also includes a toggle for exploding animations, which makes the icon look like its exploding when you tap to open it. The exploding effect is actually an instant extra-zoom-in effect.
- Then there are toggles for hiding labels, enabling app launching, using the accelerometer of the iPhone for influencing gravity, bounciness of the icons, friction between icons, and sliders to adjust the gravity.
So you see, the Gravitation tweak gives you a lot of customization options to play with, so you can easily add some spice to the Home screen with it. The tweak will not make your device more efficient or functional, but it is a novelty tweak and is meant to make the Home screen experience more fun and enjoyable.
Gravitation costs $1.99 and can be downloaded from the BigBoss repo in Cydia. Free download also possible via 3rd party repos .