A lot of iOS users never miss the chance to upgrade to the latest iOS devices, as the newer iPads and iPhones offer newer features and are faster and better than their older counterparts in a lot of areas. However, many users don’t upgrade and stay on older devices for years, either because they don’t have the means or because they don’t really feel the need to get the latest, upgraded device. Such people should try Grayd00r 9.
Image : GrayDoor bring iOS 9 to iPod Touch 3G
Grayd00r 9 is brings an iOS 9-like interface to older devices and also adds new features. If you will remember, the same team gave us Whited00r 7 a few years back that brought the iOS 7 look and feel to the first and second generation of iPod touch and iPhone devices. The Grayd00r 9 continues to do a similar work by imitating iOS 9 on the original iPad and the iPod touch 3G that do not support iOS 9.
- Grayd00r 9 is a mix of speed and features and is faster than the stock iOS firmware. A lot of system services have been disabled for improving the overall performance. More options have been provided that can be used by users to shut down more unneeded features and get more performance out of their devices.
- Grayd00r brings a little Slide Over application switcher on the iPad, and it mimics the Control Center. There’s also a feature that lets users discover older versions of apps and install them when they want. If an older version of an app is likely to perform better on the older hardware, it will be available to Grayd00r.
- Even the second-gen Apple TV gets Grayd00r for itself, but currently it only enjoys the flat UI given in the Apple TV 3. Meanwhile, the developers are concentrating on the Grayd00r 9 variant for the first-gen iPad and iPod touch 3G, which is why Grayd00r for Apple TV 2G is still under halted-development.
How to Install Grayd00r 9 on iPad and iPod touch 3G
Before attempting to install Grayd00r 9 on your iPad 1G or iPod touch 3G, make sure you backup your data.
- If you are on a 64-bit Windows PC, download this version of iTunes [ext link].
- Now connect your iOS device to your computer.
- Open iTunes and factory reset your iOS device by choosing the Restore your iPod touch | iPad option.
- Now go to this website [ grayd00r.com ] and download the latest Grayd00r package for your device.
- After it has been downloaded, run it and in no time, Grayd00r will be installed on your device.
That’s it! You can now enjoy the iOS 9 flavour on your old iOS device. For more info, you can visit the above mentioned website . Let us know how it worked for you.