iOS 10 has, at long last been released to the public and is available for download right now [ links below ]. You can update your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch via OTA on your device or through iTunes. If you intend to jailbreak your iOS device at some point, you should avoid the OTA [ Over The Air ] method as it is not compatible with jailbreaking. Right now, with iOS 10 only just released, you can download the Cydia app icon onto your iOS device which will give you instant access to iOS 10 jailbreak updates .
Image : iOS 10 Jailbreak Update
Quick Download Cydia on iOS 10 :
This tutorial works on all iOS 10 firmware’s .
- Launch the Safari web browser on your iPhone or iPad running iOS 10 firmware.
- Now simply type in ios9cydia.com in the address bar and hit go as shown below .
- After the webpage loads completely on your iOS device , go to the bottom of the page and tap on the UP arrow as shown in the image here .
- This will bring up the options page where you need to select Add to HomeScreen .
- In the next screen , rename the app icon as Cydia and then tap on Add button
- Now you have Cydia iOS 10 app icon installed on iOS 10 firmware without having to use a Mac or a PC. Tap on the icon to get the latest about iOS 10 Jailbreak app updates directly on device.
Video : Here is a video tutorial explaining the above process
iOS 10 Jailbreak Installer Release :
With iOS 10 download [ full version ] out, the jailbreak teams will be hard at work perusing the new firmware, to see what the iOS 10 jailbreak possibilities are. One disturbing piece of news is that Apple may have introduced “Rootless” with iOS 10. This is a new security feature that was rumored for iOS 9 but never made it in there. It is designed to stop anybody from gaining access to specific data and files contained in the iOS firmware and that includes anybody who has administrator privileges – like the developers.
Image : iOS 10 Jailbreak Cydia
Over the next couple of days, as the iOS 10 full version is downloaded by all iOS users, we will know more about how this will affect the ability to jailbreak iOS 10. The new iOS system could well be Apple’s answer to the end of jailbreaking, at least as we know it but both Taig and Pangu are working hard to find a way to jailbreak iOS 10 .
Useful Links :
Over the next couple of days, we will have more news on whether “Rootless” has done its job and stopped an iOS 10 jailbreak. If you follow us on Facebook and Subscribe to our free email newsletter, we’ll keep you up to date on news of the jailbreak.