iOS 11 has been officially announced at WWDC 2017, followed immediately by the release of the first beta for developers. Rather than just being a simple update, Apple has introduced a number of innovative new features with iOS 11, including the following listed below.
Image : iOS 11 Download
- A redesign to the Lock screen, Notification Center and Control Center
- A first for Apple, the App Store has been completely redesigned
- Siri updates
- Updates to Apple Maps
- Updates to Apple Pay, bringing in a new feature called Apple Cash Pay
- iCloud Sync for Messages
- Improvements to the camera and the Photos app
- A new Files app
- And much more besides
For all the details on the new features included in iOS 11, check out the following link :
- iOS 11 Features [ Detailed ]
Before Downloading iOS 11 :
Before you download iOS 11 , make sure of the following:
- You have the latest version of iTunes on your computer. Open iTunes, click Help > Check for Updates and follow any on-screen instructions if there is another update
- Make sure you backup your data up using iTunes and iCloud [ initial iOS versions are buggy by nature and you may not want to keep the new iOS release on your device ]
- Make sure that you disable your passcode and Touch ID
- Also disable Find my iPhone or iPad , open Settings > iCloud
All of these features can be enabled again after the download. It is also wise to try and install the new iOS release on a second device and not the one you use every day.
How to Download iOS 11 :
You can download the iOS 11 beta 1 in a couple of ways and you can find all the details on how to do it at the linked article below :
Beta Releases :
- Beta 1 [ Released 6th June 2017 ]
- Beta 2
- Beta 3
- Beta 4 [ Released 14th July 2017 ]
- Beta 5
- Beta 6
- Beta 7
iOS 11 Jailbreak Update :
Obviously, with iOS 11 only just being released, there is little chance of a jailbreak to be released. Although it has been known for beta jailbreaks to be released, these are rare and tend to be limited in who can use them. If you are running on the latest Yalu Jailbreak, the advice is not to update to iOS 11 for now and to wait until the latest firmware has been pushed out to the public and a new jailbreak released.
For now, you can make sure you stay up to date on all the latest iOS 11 news and the latest jailbreak developments by following us on Facebook .