It’s a great time for every iOS jailbreak lover, as the leading jailbreaker team Pangu has just released the Pangu iOS 9 jailbreak before any prior warning and has really taken the whole jailbreak community by surprise. This is the most welcome release any iOS 9 lover could wish for. Everyone is busy praising the Pangu team for this great gift, while most of the jailbreak lovers have already installed the jailbreak on their iOS devices. One good thing about the Pangu iOS 9 jailbreak is that it supports jailbreak upto iOS 9.0.2 jailbreak.
Image : iOS 9.0.2 Jailbreak Tutorial
Update 30th Oct 2015 : iOS 9.0.2 signing stopped . Those who are already on iOS 9.0.2 , jailbreak your devices now . Since signing is stopped you can no longer upgrade or downgrade to iOS 9.0.2 as this will lead you to a error on iTunes. For those looking for iOS 9.1 Jailbreak , read the linked article .
In case you have been on an unjailbreakable iOS firmware for long and have not yet jailbroken your iOS device, this is the perfect chance to do it. In case you are running iOS 9 – iOS 9.0.1 – iOS 9.0.2, this how to tutorial will teach you to jailbreak your iOS device using the Pangu iOS 9 jailbreak tool.
Devices Compatible with Pangu 9 Tool
- iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad 4, iPad 3, iPad 2, iPad mini 3, iPad mini Retina, and iPad mini.
- iPhone 6 Plus, 6, 5s, 5c, 5, 4s [iPhone 6s and 6s Plus compatibility awaited]
- iPod Touch 5G
How to Jailbreak iOS 9.0.2 using Pangu 9 :
The Pangu 9 is available for Mac as well as Windows. It provides and untethered iOS 9.0.2 jailbreak for your device and downloads cydia.
Note: Before proceeding ahead, please make sure to backup your data with iCloud | iTunes, so that you don’t lose the data in case something goes wrong.
- Go to this link and download Pangu 9 jailbreak tool [ext link].
- Extract the file on the desktop and open the tool. In case you are using Windows, right-click the Pangu icon and choose the Run as Administrator option.
- Next, turn off Find My iPhone and Touch ID and Passcode.
- Now plug your iOS device to your computer using the lightning cable.
- Pangu will detect your iOS device in a moment.
- Now click on the Start button in the Pangu tool
- The Pangu tool will now start jailbreaking your device, so keep patience and do not touch your device when not instructed by the app .
- You would be asked to put your device in airplane mode multiple times during the jailbreak process .
- Your iOS device will reboot and the Cydia icon will be visible on the Home screen.
- Congrats! Your iOS 9 device has now been jailbroken. You can now launch Cydia , configure it and install your favourite jailbreak tweaks on your device.
- Errors – If you get Pangu 9 jailbreak errors [ext link] , read the linked article for more information .
In case you are new to jailbreak tweaks, you can check out this link to know about some awesome Cydia Tweaks. However, some of the tweaks might not be compatible with iOS 9, so make sure you check their iOS 9 compatibility before downloading. We have compiled a list of such tweaks here .
Video : Here is a step by step instructions video of the above steps
Useful Links :