At the start of July, the yearly one-day Mobile Security conference was held in Shanghai. Better known as MOSEC, this year’s conference was co-hosted by Pangu jailbreak team. The last time we heard from Pangu was when they released the iOS 9.1 jailbreak, some time ago now and the lack of communication since then has made some of the jailbreak community convinced that we won’t have another jailbreak.
Image : iOS 9.3 Jailbreak
During the conference, a couple of live tweets were published and one of them intimated that Pangu were on the verge of releasing an iOS 9.3 jailbreak, although they gave no hint of when. That time is here and now as Pangu, together with Chinese developer team PP Assistant have released PPHelper jailbreak tool for iOS 9.3. Before you all rush off to download the new jailbreak, please take note of the following because this jailbreak is not going to be for everyone, at least not at this stage.
Things to Remember :
- The jailbreak tool will only work on Windows. When a Mac version is released, we’ll provide you with everything you need to jailbreak
- PPHelper is in the Chinese language only although an English language version will be made available soon
- If you have an older 32-bit device, it is not compatible with PPHelper jailbreak – it will only work on the newer 64 bit devices
Supported Devices :
Whether a version of the tool will ever be produced for 32-bit devices is something we don’t know at this stage. For now, the following devices are the ones that the jailbreak is compatible with:
- iPhone 5S, 6, 6 Plus, 6S, 6S Plus, SE
- iPad Air, Air 2
- iPad Mini 2, Mini 3, Mini 4
- iPad Pro
- iPod Touch 6
How to Jailbreak iOS 9.3 :
You can download Cydia onto your iOS device with or without a computer. To get the PPHelper jailbreak onto your iOS device, you can choose from these three methods listed below , where Method 1 and 3 users a computer and Method2 uses direct method for Cydia download.
Method 1 : PPHelper Jailbreak
PPHelper jailbreak tool can be installed on your iOS device using your Windows PC. The link provides you with a full tutorial which, if you follow it carefully, will show you how to download PPHelper jailbreak tool onto your iOS device using your Windows PC. The given link takes you to a step by step tutorial that takes you through the whole process .
Method 2 : Safari Method for iOS 9.3 Jailbreak
- First launch Safari web browser on your iOS 9.3 device. Please note that using any other browser like Chrome , Opera Mini will not work on this method .
- Now search for this text “ios 9.3 jailbreak” without the quotes as shown here. On the results screen , find the website with the url ios9cydia.com and open that . This webpage is specially designed to download cydia app icon on iOS 9.3 supported devices .
- If you cannot find the page on the results page, then simply type in this site address ios9cydia.com in your Safari browser url bar which would then open the mobile version of the page as shown here .
- Now in the bottom of the screen you will notice a UP arrow , Tap on that to bring in a new options page
- Here you will get the option to Add to HomeScreen to download iOS 9.3 cydia on the phone . Tap on that .
- This will allow you to name the cydia app , keep its name as Cydia and tap on Add to proceed
- You now got Cydia icon on iOS 9.3. Open the app icon to stay updated to iOS 9.3 jailbreak status .
Video : Detailed step by step tutorial for the above process
Method 3 : Pangu 9.3 Installer
The Pangu 9.3 installer has yet to be released but, when it is, it will certainly make life easier for you. If you want to be advised when the installer is ready to use, subscribe to our free email newsletter below and follow us on Facebook We’ll send the updates direct to your email inbox.
Subscribe to get iOS 9.3 Jailbreak Updates :