Have you heard the good news yet ? iOS 9 has been jailbroken, Yes ! Reputable jailbreak team Pangu has released Pangu 9 jailbreak app for iOS 9 upto iOS 9.0.2 out of a sudden without any prior notice . This comes as a welcome surprise for iOS 9 jailbreakers. Keep reading for iOS 9 Jailbreak tutorial with video instructions below .
Image : iOS 9 Jailbreak Update
How to iOS 9 Jailbreak Tutorial :
Now the installation part . There are three main methods to jailbreak . All of them are explained below along with step by step tutorial for starters as well as pro-jailbreakers. Also listed are individual jailbreak tutorials for every iOS 9 firmware release .
- iOS 10 [update]
- iOS 9 [ keep reading ]
- iOS 9.0.1 [ keep reading ]
- iOS 9.0.2 [Jailbroken]
- iOS 9.1 [ Jailbroken]
- iOS 9.2 [Jailbroken]
- iOS 9.2.1 [Jailbroken]
- iOS 9.3 [Jailbroken]
- iOS 9.3.1 [Jailbroken]
- iOS 9.3.2 [Jailbroken]
- iOS 9.3.3 [Jailbroken]
- iOS 9.3.4 [Jailbroken]
- iOS 9.3.5 [Jailbroken]
Method 1 : Pangu Jailbreak
Pangu 9 jailbreak tools is available for Windows and Mac users. Pangu is a dedicated Cydia installer and can jailbreak [untethered] your device . You need to follow the tutorials and backup your device first using iCloud or iTunes. Only proceed when you have done a backup .
- First download Pangu 9 jailbreak tool for your computer
- Extract the files on your desktop and launch the program [ Windows users Run as Administrator]
- Connect your device to the computer using the lightning cable and disable Touch ID and Passcode . Also disable Find My iPhone you have enabled it .
- Allow Pangu to detect your device . Then click on the Start button on the screen .
- Allow Pangu to jailbreak your device and keep the device untouched unless asked to so do.
- Several times during the process you will be asked to turn on the airplane mode on your device . Do this by going to Settings > Airplane mode
- Your device will now reboot and you will see Cydia icon on your homescreen .
- Tap to launch Cydia
- Configure Cydia for use and start downloading your favorite Cydia Tweaks .
- Some of these tweaks are listed here . But note that since they just released a jailbreak , some tweaks may not be compatible with the new iOS firmware. Be sure to check iOS 9 compatibility before downloading. We have compiled a list of such tweaks here .
Note : Delete Cydia App from your device would require you to restore it back using iTunes or using Cydia Impactor tool incase you don’t want to Restore to a newer firmware. The process to reverse jailbreak has become very easy nowadays , so there is no worry of your device going bad . If you get Pangu Errors [ext link] , read this article for possible solutions .
Method 2 : Home Depot Jailbreak
Home Depot jailbreak has also been released for iOS 9.3.x and is focused on providing a utility only for 32-bit devices. It isn’t a straightforward jailbreak because it can’t be installed straight onto your iOS device; you need to sideload load it and it is also a semi-untethered jailbreak so, every time your device is rebooted, you must rejailbreak it. Nevertheless, you can find a step-by-step tutorial on installing Home Depot jailbreak in the link below
- Home Depot Jailbreak [ Full Tutorial ]
Method 3 : PPHelper Jailbreak
PPHelper jailbreak for iOS 9.2 upto iOS 9.3.3 was released as a joint effort by PP Assistant and Pangu jailbreak teams but it only works on 64-bit devices. Like Home Depot, it too is a semi-untethered jailbreak and must be side-loaded using Cydia Impactor. For more details and a full guide, check out the linked article below.
- PPHelper Jailbreak [ Full Tutorial ]
The jailbreak teams try hard to keep us supplied with good utilities to use and, with three to choose for, we are somewhat spoilt for choice this time around. Let us know which one you go for and follow us on Facebook for all the latest news.