Apple had held an exclusive media event today in California at the Town Hall, and the much-awaited 4-inch iPhone SE has finally been unveiled officially. It’s a fact that one-third of iPhone buyers prefer such small 4-inch iPhones, and the iPhone 5s was unveiled two and a half years ago, which is why the timing of today’s launch is perfect. And as you would expect, the iPhone SE brings significant improvements over the 5s and takes the 4-inch experience to another level.
Image : iPhone SE – The New 4inch iPhone
If you have been waiting for the iPhone SE eagerly, you will be very happy with the features that it offers. Check out the list of iPhone SE features below.
iPhone SE Features
- As was rumored earlier, the iPhone SE gets the latest 64-bit A9 processor along with a M9 motion coprocessor.
- Wireless connectivity is now faster on the new iPhone. The LTE speeds are 50% faster than the 5s, and the 802.11ac Wi-Fi is three times faster than the standard one.
- The M9 motion coprocessor is power-efficient and monitors mic input, so the new iPhone gets a tetherless “Hey Siri” function. Also, the new device comes with the previous-gen Touch ID sensor.
- Apart from its special 4-inch form, the iPhone SE offers NFC to support Apple Pay.
- One of the best rumors coming true is the camera setup on the iPhone SE. As was expected, the new iPhone gets a 12MP camera just like the iPhone 6s. Also, the front camera has got the Retina Flash feature from the 6s, which lights up the screen three times brighter than normal to act as a front-facing flash for more illuminated selfies.
- The iSight Camera comes with the latest features like True Tone Flash, Slo-Mo, Focus Pixels, panoramas up to 63MP, etc.
iPhone SE Pricing and Availability
In case you don’t know, Apple managed to sell more than thirty million 4-inch iPhones in the last year. According to Greg Joswiak, Apple’s SVP of iPhone Marketing, most people’s first iPhone is a 4-incher.
So if you are looking to get started with a 4-inch Apple smartphone, the iPhone SE is as better as it gets. The phone has been priced at $399 contract-free, thus officially making it the cheapest iPhone. If you opt for the 64GB variant of the iPhone SE, you will have to shell out $499.
Pre-orders for the iPhone SE will begin on Thursday, that’s March 24th. And as expected, Apple will release the device on 31st March, Friday. The iPhone SE will be available in 110 countries by the end of May.