Apple has just released iTunes 12.5.4 for both Windows and Mac computers. The release comes just after iOS 10.2 download and Mac OS Sierra 10.12.2 which was released today, and 6 weeks after the last iTunes update, 12.5.3. The latest update brings new features as well as bug fixes and performance enhancements.
Image : iTunes Download
iTunes 12.5.4 Features :
More than just an update to support the latest firmware releases, there are 2 notable feature inclusions:
- Support for the TV app, which has just gone public on iOS 10.2 and TV OS 10.1. The TV app is a central point for connecting video apps from different TV and service providers, and content purchased in iTunes
- Support for Touch Bar on the MacBook Pro 2016 model. This allows MacBook Pro users to rewind or fast forward through video or music played through iTunes by using the scrubber control on the Touch Bar
- Performance improvements and minor bug fixes
- Mac – Download available through the Mac App store, under the Updates tab
For those that haven’t update their iPhone, iPad or iPhone to iOS 10.2, you can get the download links and instructions on how to do so at the given link and download instructions for iTunes can be found below:
Download iTunes :
There are two ways to update your version of iTunes to v 12.5.4.
- You can download it from here [ext link], or
- Open iTunes and navigate to the menu on the taskbar.
- Click on the option for Check for Updates and iTunes will see if there is a newer version.
- Follow the on screen directions to update your version of iTunes to the latest one.
Do you use iTunes regularly ? What do you use it for ? Tell us in the comments box below, Subscribe to our free email newsletter to stay up to date with all the latest developments and follow us on Facebook .