iOS 10 has been released and is to be closely followed by updates to Mac OS and Watch OS. It sometimes seems that iTunes is the forgotten part of the Apple releases but that has also received a considerable update which has been released alongside the latest operating system. Now on v12.5.1, iTunes has received the usual enhancements and bug fixes, along with a few extra features that increase the user experience.
Image : iTunes Download
iTunes 12.5.1 Features :
As expected, iTunes has received full compatibility with iOS 10 download [ links ] but there are a few other additions to the update as well:
- A new user interface for Apple Music, making it much clearer and easier to use
- PiP – Picture-in-Picture allows users to play video, having them floating in the top corner of their screen, while they do other work, bringing true multitasking to life
- Enhancements for Mac OS Sierra, including Siri and using your voice to play music from your library and from Apple Music
iTunes v12.5.1 is available for download right now as is the next generation iOS firmware. iOS 10 can be downloaded via OTA or through iTunes and that means that, over the coming days, iTunes is likely to be clogged up with thousands of users and, as such, you should expect delays. Although the software does have compatibility for iOS 10, that won’t help with the usual problem with the Apple servers not being able to cope with the numbers.
iOS 10 Jailbreak Update
We can’t give you a firm update on the iOS 10 jailbreak at this stage, except to say that the jailbreak teams are busy working on it. With iOS 10 only just released publicly, they will need some time to investigate the latest firmware and see what can be done in terms of a jailbreak. As soon as we have any news on that, we will pass it on to you. The only advice we can give you is, if you have installed PPHelper jailbreak for iOS 9.2 to iOS 9.3.3 and you want to hold on to it, don’t update your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch to iOS 10. Point to be noted that Luca Todesco released proof that he has installed Cydia iOS 10 [ext link] on his iPhone .
Download iTunes :
There are two ways to update your version of iTunes to v 12.5.1.
- You can download it from here [ext link], or
- Open iTunes and navigate to the menu on the taskbar.
- Click on the option for Check for Updates and iTunes will see if there is a newer version.
- Follow the on screen directions to update your version of iTunes to the latest one.
Do you use iTunes regularly ? What do you use it for ? Tell us in the comments box below, Subscribe to our free email newsletter to stay up to date with all the latest developments and follow us on Facebook .