The latest jailbreak, PPHelper for iOS 9.2 to iOS 9.3.3, came as something of a godsend to jailbreakers the world over, breaking the long drought between utilities. Unfortunately, users are coming up against a number of errors that are stopping them from using the jailbreak properly. The latest one is Cydia Impactor error provision.cpp:150, provision.cpp:62 or provision.cpp:68 when attempting to jailbreak iOS 9.3.3.
Image : Provision.cpp Error
You may remember that Saurik made some changes to Cydia Impactor. The original tool, the one that removes Cydia from your device without changing your iOS version, has now been renamed Cydia Eraser while Cydia Impactor is a completely new tool to help you install the PPhelper jailbreak by installing a certificate on your device. It is this more complex method of jailbreaking that seems to be causing the problems. So, whether this is your first time using the jailbreak or you are re-installing it with Cydia Impactor after the certificate has expired, you may well come up against one of these errors. Here we tell you what they are and how to fix them.
How to Fix provision.cpp:150 Error
This can happen when the .ipa file is dragged and dropped into Cydia Impactor and then you enter your Apple ID details. The error message you get will probably read something like provision.cpp:150 Please sign in with an app specific password
Steps to fix it provision.cpp:150 :
- Open your browser and go to appleid.apple.com/ [ext link]
- Log in with the Apple credentials that you are using to sign the side-loaded jailbreak [a.k.a Cydia Impactor]
- Next, go to the Security section and click on Edit
- Navigate to APP-SPECIFIC PASSWORDS and click on Generate Password
- Now you must enter a label for this password, so call it anything that you will remember, such as Then click on Create
- A password will be generated so copy it to clipboard
- Now, when you go through the jailbreak steps in the Cydia Impactor tutorial again, when you are asked for a password for the Apple id, paste the newly generated one in. This will fix the error for provision.cpp:150.
How to Fix provision.cpp:62 or provision.cpp:68
This one is a simple one and tends to occur only when the Apple Developer program is undergoing maintenance. In order for the right access privileges and to sign the digital .ipa file, Cydia Impactor needs to be able to access the developer portal and, for that to happen, the portal has to be up and running and not down for maintenance. To get around these errors, you need to make sure the developer portal is functioning properly and you can keep track of that at developer.apple.com/system-status [image below] As soon as the portal is back online, you can try the jailbreak process again.
Hopefully, these will fix things for you but if you have experienced any other issues, do let us know. In the meantime, Subscribe to our free email newsletter and follow us on Facebook for more details and up to date information.