If you are a long-time iOS jailbreak user, then it is highly unlikely that you might have not heard about the BattSaver tweak. This one tweak is one of the most famous jailbreak tweaks, and it is so practically useful that Apple has lifted it off and placed it as the Low Power Mode in iOS 9. If you are a fan of the BattSaver tweak, then you will be happy to know that the tweak has been update to provide full support to the latest iOS 9 firmware.
Image : BattSaver Tweak
The BattSaver update brings in a lot of performance improvements, bug fixes, and stability enhancements with it that make the tweak run smooth on iOS 9 and even smoother on older iOS firmwares. Now that an iOS 9 jailbreak is available, let’s see what the new update brings to the BattSaver tweak.
- The BattSaver tweak can apparently double the battery life of your iOS device by turning off power-consuming features and throttling the performance.
- BattSaver has been updated to version 2.1.0 and can be installed on iOS 9.0 upto iOS 9.0.2 after jailbreaking the device with the Pangu 9 jailbreak tool.
- BattSaver has got a new integrated support for the Low Power Mode introduced in iOS 9. As mentioned earlier, the Low Power Mode has been inspired by the BattSaver tweak and attempts to prolong battery life by switching off unnecessary processes on the iOS device, like turning off background network services, automatic mail fetching, etc.
- BattSaver Version 2.1.0 also brings a new feature on the table that enables the user to efficiently manage power while the iOS device is connected to cellular data.
- If you use an iPhone 6/6 Plus or iPhone 6s/6s Plus, then you will notice that the BattSaver tweak has been improved for the larger screens.
- Apart from the noticeable additions, the tweak also brings in smaller but essential bug fixes that make the tweak more stable on iOS 9.
- While the update has added support for iOS 9, the tweak will continue supporting iOS 8 and iOS 7 too.
Download BattSaver :
If you are facing battery issues on your iOS 9 device and want to extend the battery life of the device noticeably, then the BattSaver tweak is a must have for you. The tweak can be downloaded in Cydia from the BigBoss repo for $3.99 using this guide. You can even get the tweak for free from 3rd party repos. Please note that the tweak requires a jailbroken iOS device to run. So if your iOS device is not jailbroken, follow our iOS 9 jailbreak guide.