Thanks to Apple’s new 3D Touch displays in the new iPhone 6s and 6s Plus, users can now perform various quick actions right on the Home Screen without having to go a long way into the particular app. The 3D Force Touch feature has been very useful especially for the Camera app, as the shortcuts to take quick photos helps users take quick snaps.
Image : CamTouch 3D Touch Shortcut for iPhone Camera
If you have an iPhone 6s or 6s Plus or have had the opportunity to use the devices, you might be knowing that the Camera app icon brings up four shortcuts when performing a 3D Touch gesture on it. These options include Take Photo, Record Video, Take Selfie, and Record Slo-mo [image below]. And in case you don’t know, the 3D Touch shortcut menu is limited to four items at the most by default. This can be a bit disappointing for those advanced users who demand a bit more from the 3D Touch menu of the Camera app. If you are one of those users, you should probably check out the CamTouch tweak.
Image : Stock iOS 9 3D Touch Menu on Camera App
CamTouch is a new iOS jailbreak tweak that increases the number of shortcuts in the 3D Touch menu of the Camera app. Curious? Let’s know what these options are.
- The CamTouch jailbreak tweak expands the 3D Touch shortcut menu of the Camera app in the iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus.
- This tweak adds two new shortcuts to the menu of the Camera app. One of the new options enable you to record a time-lapse video, while the other option allows you to click Panoramic photos.
- Before you can start using the CamTouch tweak, you need to install another tweak called UnlimShortcut. This tweak removes the limit of four shortcuts and allows the 3D Touch shortcut menus to have unlimited number of options.
- You also get a configuration pane in the UnlimShortcut tweak that enables you to adjust the row and icon height of the shortcuts, title font size, and content width.
- After you have installed UnlimShortcut and CamTouch both, you will notice that the Camera app now shows six items, two of which are the new options for time-lapse videos and Panorama photos.
Before you can use CamTouch, do remember that you must download UnlimShortcut, without which the former won’t work. Actually, this is the only shortcoming of this tweak; the UnlimShortcut tweak should have been added as a prerequisite package for install CamTouch. This would have prevented confusion. Otherwise, this is a great tweak altogether.
So there you are. If you want more with your Camera app and want to expand the 3D Touch shortcut menu, then CamTouch along with UnlimShortcut is a great choice for you. You can download both the tweaks from Cydia’s BigBoss repo for free.