Most Cydia users know that Cydia Impactor is a vital tool that is used for deleting a jailbreak and remove Cydia. Saurik has renamed the tool as Cydia Eraser now. While Cydia Eraser now does what Cydia Impactor used to do, the latter is now a brand new tool created by Saurik to assist with the installation of unsigned .ipa files by sideloading them.
Image : Cydia Impactor Tool
How to Sideload Apps using Cydia Impactor :
- Download and run Cydia Impactor utility for Windows and Mac from the official link https://cydiaimpactor.app or use this ( alternate link )
- Connect your iOS device to your PC or Mac
- Drag the desired .ipa file into Cydia Impactor, keeping the interface open and visible on your desktop, and ensure that your iOS device is recognized by the tool
- An Apple ID warning will appear – click on OK
- Input your Apple ID and password and click on OK . You can set up a dummy account for this if you want.
- Cydia Impactor will now get to work on preparing and signing the IPA file. Provided everything goes as expected, the new app will be downloaded and installed onto your device [ in this case Pangu app] – don’t run it at the moment
- On your iOS device, open Settings > General , tap on Device Management and any lower a version, tap on Profile
- Locate the Apple ID profile and tap it and then tap on Trust
- Come out of Settings and open the new app.
Features of Cydia Impactor :
Cydia Impactor is one of the best GUI tools for mobile and one of the few that works properly. However, it is under continuous development and, as such, only a few features are available. Those that are working are working very well though so let’s look at what there is:
- Bridging Connections
Cydia Impactor allows you to easily bridge a connection between your Phone and your computer, as well as providing facilities to restart a connection or disconnect altogether. For this, you must know what the port number is.
- Rooting Android Device
Cydia Impactor makes rooting Android devices very simple. Just plug your device into your computer with Cydia Impactor running, click on Start and it will be rooted in seconds from v2.3 up to v5.0.
- Unlocking Bootloader
One of the more useful features is this one – with an Identifier token, Cydia Impactor can generate the unlock bootloader file, enabling easily locking and unlocking of bootloader
- USB Driver Built-In
Cydia Impactor incudes the relevant USB drivers so you haven’t got to go looking for them. All you need to do is find them in Cydia Impactor and download them manually
- Install Package
Finally, Cydia Impactor has a series of package tools, allowing you to flash mod packages, update any package or root a package if needed, as well as manually recovering files without the use of Fastboot tools.
Let us know if you are going to install .ipa files and what you think of this new download and installation method. Follow us on Facebook and Subscribe to our free email newsletter for instant updates to your inbox.