There are many good reasons to jailbreak your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch, not least the opportunity to download Games Emulators. These let you play some of your favorite console games on your iOS device but they are not something that Apple allows into their app store. Because of that, we must find another way to get them. Right now, the latest jailbreak is PPHelper so anyone who has updated to iOS 9.3.4 or higher is not going to be able to download these emulators any longer.
Image : Delta Emulator Download
To add to that, the one that we could download, GBA4iOS, has now been closed for good. However, the developer who was responsible for GBA4iOS is not sitting idle; he has been working on a replacement and has come up with Delta Emulator [ext link]. This is better than GBA4iOS was and includes support for the following consoles:
- Nintendo 64
- Super Nintendo
- Game Boy
- Game Boy Advance
Image : Delta Emulator App
Obviously, this doesn’t cover all the consoles that we used but support for more will be added soon. For now, download Delta Emulator on your device and make use of what games are available.
Supported Devices :
If you own one of these devices, Delta Emulator will work:
- iPhone 4s, 5, 5C, 5S, 6, 6 Plus, 6S, 6S Plus, SE, 7, 7 Plus
- iPad Air, Air 2
- iPad Mini, Mini 2, Mini 3
- iPad 2, 3, 4
- iPad Pro – both models
- iPod Touch 5thand 6th Generations
Download Delta Emulator :
- Open Safari on your iOS device and go to deltaemulator.org
- When you get onto the website, look for the UP arrow. It will be in one of two places , bottom center or top right of your screen
- Now a few options will load on the bottom of your screen; pick the one in the middle, Add to Home Screen
- Now you need to type in a name for the app icon so call it Delta or Delta Emulator and the tap on Add , top right corner
- When you close Safari down, the Delta Emulator app will be on your screen
Video: This video explains these steps
Emulators are popular and we expect Delta Emulator to be the same. However, if you find that, for one reason or another, you don’t want it on your iOS device any longer, look at the linked post below for instructions on how to Delete Delta Emulator [ext link].
Follow us on Facebook and Subscribe to our free email newsletter for instant updates on all the latest news.