Initial versions of any new iOS firmware always bring errors, and same is the case with iOS 10. Many users have reportedly experienced quite a many update errors in iOS 10. One such error while updating iPhone or iPad to iOS 10 via iTunes is the error that says This device isn’t eligible for the requested build. A lot of users have reported that they are not able to get past this error message and are not update to iOS 10. If you are one of them, then you can try the following methods to fix the error.
Image : Fix iTunes Error This device isn’t eligible for the requested build
Fix iOS 10 iTunes Error :
1. Update iTunes :
Make sure that you are running the latest version of iTunes. Go to the help menu in iTunes and click the Check for Updates option. In case an update is available, follow the on-screen instructions to update to the latest version.
2. Update Your OS [Mac or PC] :
3. Check the Security Software in Your Computer :
It is possible that an antivirus or other security software might be interfering with iTunes and causing the error. You might need to update, change, disable, or uninstall the software.
4. Restart :
Try turning off both your computer and your iOS device and turn them on again. See if the error is solved now.
5. Unplug Extra USB Devices :
Make sure that only your iOS device, mouse, and keyboard are plugged into your computer. Unplug any other device and try updating again.
6. Check Your Hosts File :
It is quite possible that there might be a problem with the hosts file which might be causing communication errors between iTunes and Apple’s servers.
- Search for the Run utility and open it.
- Now type in %WinDir%\System32\Drivers\Etc inside the given box.
- Now click OK.
- An etc file will open up; just double click on Hosts.
- Find gs.apple.com and delete it.
- Save the file and exit.
- Close iTunes and launch Terminal.
- Type in the following and hit enter: sudo nano /private/etc/hosts
- Now fill in your login password when asked and hit enter again.
- Browse through the hosts file and look for gs.apple.com
- You must either add a # and a space in front of it or delete it completely.
- Now save the file using CTRL+O.
- You will be asked to enter a filename; just press enter and then press CTRL+X to exit.
- Now restart your Max and try updating via iTunes again.
7. Install iOS 10 [ using Manual IPSW Method ]: In case updating iTunes does not help, leave the automatic iTunes update method and install iOS manually using the IPSW method.