iOS 10.3.1 download is now available for all users and you can find the download instructions at the given link. For those that have already updated to it, some of you may not be getting on very well with it. You might have issues on your device related to the download or it could just be that you don’t like it. For now, you have a way of downgrading back to iOS 10.3 but you only have a short time to do this in and, very soon, Apple will stop signing the old firmware. Keep reading for a guide on how to downgrade.
Image : Downgrade iOS 10.3.1 to iOS 10.3
Before you Downgrade :
Before you can downgrade iOS 10.3.1 to iOS 10.3, there are couple of thigs that you should do, just to ensure that your date is kept safe and that the downgrade is successful:
- Update iTunes if you are not on the latest version. Open iTunes, select Help > Check for Updates and follow the instructions on the screen if an update is found
- Connect your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch to your computer and back your data up through iTunes. If you don’t you risk losing all your data in the event things go wrong during the downgrade
- Disable the following features on your device, they can be re-enabled later [ Passcode, Touch ID if applicable, Find my iPhone/iPad ]
How to Downgrade iOS 10.3.1 to iOS 10.3 :
- Download iOS 10.3 IPSW that matches your device and model
- Connect your device to your PC or Mac and open iTunes
- If you have more than one iOS device registered, click on the summary for the one that is connected
- Place your device into DFU mode , Hold the Home and Power buttons down together and wait. When you see the Apple logo on your device screen, release the power button. Hold the Home button down until the Connect to iTunes message shows up on your screen and iTunes has a Device in Recovery message , now you can let go of the home button
- Press down the Shift [ Windows ] or Alt [ Mac ] key on your keyboard and click on Restore in the iTunes message at the same time
- Navigate to the IPSW you downloaded earlier and click it
- Make sure to follow the instructions on the screen and then click on Install
- Leave your device while iTunes downgrades it to iOS 10.3
- When the downgrade has successfully completed, your device will reboot and the Hello screen will appear
Update : iOS 10.3 firmware signing has been stopped by Apple on 11th April 2017. If you are trying to downgrade to iOS 10.3 firmware , it will give you an error on iTunes – Device Isn’t Eligible .
You do on have a matter of days in which to do this so don’t wait. Tell us how you get on and follow us on Facebook for all the latest news and updates.