iOS 9.3.5 download has just been released and it contains a number of security fixes which may affect the possibility of an iOS 9.3.5 jailbreak. If you haven’t updated yet and you want to you can do it direct on your iOS device using OTA [ over-the-air ] or you can do it via iTunes. Most people who have updated have done so without any trouble but some are finding it a struggle, mostly because, as per usual Apple’s servers are struggling with the influx of users trying to update. Others have updated but have found that, for one reason or another, they don’t like iOS 9.3.5 or it has caused a problem on their device and they are looking to go backward to a more stable version. Luckily, it is easy to downgrade back to iOS 9.3.4 as it is still being signed.
Image : Downgrade iOS 9.3.5 to iOS 9.3.4 Tutorial
How to Downgrade iOS 9.3.5 to iOS 9.3.4
- Download iOS 9.3.4 IPSW for your specific iOS device
- Check that your version of iTunes is up to date. Open iTunes, click on Help and then click on Check for Updates; wait for iTunes to check if there is a more up to date version, follow the instructions on the screen to download it
- Back up the date on your iOS device up through iTunes or you can use iCloud if you prefer
- Open Settings on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch and tap on iCloud. Click on Find my iPhone and disable it – you can enable it again afterward
- Connect your device to your computer and launch iTunes
- Now you need to put your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch into DFU mode so hold the power and home buttons down at the same time until you see the Apple logo on your screen. Release the power button but don’t release the home button until the Connect to iTunes message appears on the screen of your iOS device
- In iTunes, you should also see a Device in Recovery message giving the option of restoring or updating.
- Press Alt on your Mac keyboard or SHIFT on your Windows keyboard and click Restore
- Locate the iOS 9.3.4 IPSW and click on it
- Follow the onscreen instructions and iTunes will downgrade your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch back to iOS 9.3.4.
- When the downgrade is done your iOS device will reboot and you will be back on the Hello screen
Update [ 20th Oct 2016 ] : Apple stopped signing the iOS 9.3.5 firmware , meaning you can no longer install or downgrade back to iOS 9.3.5. If you try doing it , iTunes will return an error “This device is not eligible for the requested build“. Please check the latest iOS 10.0.2 Jailbreak article for latest jailbreak updates.
Have you decided to go back to iOS 9.3.4 ? Tell us why in the comments box below. If you follow us on Facebook and Sign up to our free email newsletter, we’ll make sure you are kept up to date with more tutorials and tips.