Along with iOS 9.1 came a couple of new additions, one of them being new emojis. The new emojis are based on different colored people and other things. However, A lot of users have not updated to iOS 9.1 to save their iOS 9 jailbreak, and thus those users are not able to use the new emojis that came with iOS 9.1. Of course, no jailbreak user will leave their jailbroken firmware and jump on to a non-jailbroken iOS version just to get new emojis. But still, if you are one of those users who want those new emojis without updating the firmware, here is a solution for you.
Image : Emoji 9
Hamza Sood, a well-known iOS developer, has released a new jailbreak tweak called Emoji9 that brings the new emojis of iOS 9.1 and iOS 9.2 to the previous iOS 9 versions. As iOS 9.1 and iOS 9.2 are not jailbroken currently, this tweak will be helpful for emoji-lovers until the next jailbreak is released.
- Tweaker and hacker Hamza Sood has created the Emoji9 tweak for people who are running the jailbroken version of iOS 9 – iOS 9.0.2.
- The tweak will work system-wide, which means that you will be able to use the emojis in all the apps that involve typing text.
- The new emojis are more exciting and it is a good news for jailbreakers that getting the new emojis does not involve losing the jailbreak.
- If you want to get the Emoji9 tweak, you should know that the tweak is in the beta phase currently, so there are chances that it might contain bugs and might not be completely stable. However, the tweak is completely free and hence you do not lose anything to try it.
- All you need to do is go to the ModMyi repo in Cydia and install Emoji iOS 9.1 Backup (D). BytaFont 2 will be installed automatically in your device. Then launch BytaFont 3 from the Home screen and go to Swap Mode > Emoji. Now select EmOju_iOS 9.1, after which your device will respring.
- Now install the Emoji9 tweak. To do so, you need to add the developer’s repo in Cydia. The repo URL is hamzasood.github.io/repo.
- After installing the Emoji9 tweak, you will be able to view the new emojis inside the keyboard and apps.
You’re all done! You will now get the iOS 9.1 | iOS 9.2 emojis in your jailbroken iOS 9.0 – iOS 9.0.2 device without losing your jailbreak. This tweak will help you enjoy the new emojis until the next jailbreak releases.