One of the main reasons why people jailbreak their iOS devices is so that they can add new features to the stock apps, features that Apple doesn’t seem to want to include. One of the most tweaked of all the stock apps is Messages. As the betas have shown, the stock Messages app in the upcoming iOS 10 has been given a lot of new features, giving users a completely new experience and one of those features is the option to send your contacts much bigger emojis.
Image : Emojiant brings iOS 10 Emoji’s to iOS 9
If you can’t wait that long and you want to be able to do this on your iOS 9 device, there is a way. First, you must jailbreak using PPHelper, which will work on any iOS version between iOS 9.2 and iOS 9.3.3. You can get a full guide on how to install PPHelper at the given link. Once you have done that, head into Cydia and download a brand new tweak called Emojiant. You will need to add a new repo to Cydia first but we will tell you how to do that later on.
Emojiant Features :
Emojiant comes from one of the most active and well-respected developers of all time, Ryan Petrich. As we have come to expect with his tweaks, it is rich in features, including:
- Similar to the brand new feature in iOS 10, Emojiant will provide giant emojis
- The emojis can be seen in a larger size when you send them without being accompanied by a text
- If the message has one or more emojis and no text, the emojis will be enlarged
- If text accompanies the emoji, it will be sent at its usual smaller size
- If you receive an iMessage with an emoji in it, it will appear in its larger size in the message
- You must have the tweak installed to see the larger size emojis
As with the new iOS 10 emojis, Emojiant is only compatible with the stock iOS Messages app and they will only show up as larger when sent using iMessage or an SMS.
How to Get Emojiant :
First, you must add a new repo to Cydia:
- Open Cydia
- Tap on Sources > Edit > Add
- In the box that appears, type in the following URL – http://rpetri.ch/repo
When the new repo has been added, you can go into it and download Emojiant. There are no configuration options and the tweak will work as soon as it is installed so if giant emojis is something you are looking forward to in iOS 10, give them a try now.
Tell us what you think of Emojiant in the comments box below. For more tips on jailbreak tweaks, follow us on Facebook and Subscribe to our free email newsletter.