Apple has always been eager to introduce new features to its iOS devices, but it does happen sometimes that the new features are enjoyed only by newer iOS devices and not the older ones with older hardware. Yes, we are talking about the 3D Touch technology here. This new technology was introduced with the launch of the new iPhone 6s and 6s Plus, and as it turned out, 3D Touch would not be supported on older iOS devices as it required different hardware too.
Image : Forcy – 3D Touch on Older Devices
However, we have already heard of a lot of tweaks like Touch3D [ext link] and ForceTouch Activator [ext link] that aim to bring the 3D Touch technology to older iOS devices and create a similar type of experience as closely as possible. But today we are going to talk about a tweak called Forcy, which has been created by Cydia Developer George and brings the 3D Touch Quick Actions to older iOS devices.
The Forcy tweak has got a perfect timing, as the iOS 9 jailbreak has been released a few days back. So let’s go through Forcy’s features and see if it really does what it claims.
- Forcy brings 3D Touch Quick Actions from the iPhone 6s to the older iOS devices, and you can now go to the Home screen and swipe up on the icons to bring up the Quick Actions, instead of pressing the icons firmly.
- The developer has made extreme efforts to make the user interface of Forcy look exactly like the Quick Actions UI in the newer iPhones. All the Quick Actions are available on the Home screen, allowing you to swipe up on Contacts, Notes, Clock, Messages, Camera, and many other apps to invoke shortcut actions.
- Forcy has not added Quick Actions for Photos and Maps yet.
- Also, the contextual dynamic Quick Actions found in the iPhone 6s and 6s Plus haven’t been offered in this tweak. For instance, in the newer iPhones, if you were messaging a friend right before using 3D Touch gesture, you will get an option to message that friend if you hard press on the Messages app. This feature isn’t offered by Forcy.
- The tweak cannot be used with third-party apps, even if they support 3D Touch.
- Even though Forcy has quite a few limitations, it is good to get Quick Actions on Home screen by just swiping up on the icons.