Great news today is that there is now a jailbreak for those older devices and it’s called Home Depot for iOS 9.3.x. When PPHelper was released for iOS 9.2 – iOS 9.3.3 last year, it could only be used on 64 bit devices, leaving those with the older 32 bit devices without a jailbreak. With the all new Home Depot jailbreak , that has changed.
Image : Home Depot Jailbreak
However, before you go rushing off to download it you should be aware that, like the recently released Yalu Jailbreak for iOS 10, Home Depot is in beta and, as such, you can expect to suffer from bugs and instability issues both during the jailbreak and when you have installed it. You also can’t install it directly to your iOS device; you must use Cydia Impactor to side-load and we will show you the steps you need later on. Lastly, like Yalu, Home Depot is semi-untethered so you will need to rejailbreak your iOS device whenever it is rebooted.
Supported Devices :
Home Depot for iOS 9 is supported on the following 32 bit devices:
- All iOS devices on iOS 9.1 upto iOS 9.3.4.
How to Download Home Depot on iOS 9.3.x
Before you begin, make sure you backup your data through iTunes or iCloud but do NOT update your device or you can’t use Home Depot Jailbreak. Also, make sure that you are running the latest version of iTunes
- Download Home Depot IPA [ Home Depot – Ext Link ] onto your Windows or Mac computer
- Downloads Cydia Impactor onto your computer
- Connect your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch to your computer and open Cydia Impactor
- Find the IPA file you downloaded and drag it to the open Cydia Impactor window; drop it in
- Cydia Impactor will ask you to enter your Apple ID [ this is required for the Home Depot file to be side loaded ]
- Now Cydia Impactor will digitally sign the certificate for Home Depot and install it on your iOS device
- When it has finished, disconnect your device and open Settings > General > Profile & Device Management
- Find the Home Depot certificate, tap on Trust and then on Trust again
- Close Settings and go to your home screen , you will see the Home Depot icon on there; tap to launch it [ image for illustration purpose only ]
- If you get a message telling you that your device may be slowed down by Home Depot, tap on OK
- Tap Go and then wait while the jailbreak installation completes
- Your device will respring and you will see Cydia on your home screen; the jailbreak has been successful
- If you don’t see Cydia, run through from Step 9 again
- Because Home Depot is semi-untethered, you will need to repeat Steps 9 onwards every time your device reboots
- If you are using a free Apple ID, the certificate expires after 7 days and you will need to repeat from step 3 again. If you have a paid developer ID, the certificate will stay valid for 12 months
Offsets Not Found Fix :
Some users may face this error during the installation of Home Depot Jailbreak on iOS 9.3.5. Here is an easy fix for this.
How to Add an Offset :
- Go to this website and download the Home Depot .ipa [ link above ]
- Download Cydia Impactor onto your PC and remember where it is
- Plug your device in to your PC
- Find Cydia Impactor on your computer and open the .exe file inside
- Click on your device from the list
- When asked, input your Apple credentials
- Cydia Impactor will now start the process of side-loading the package to your connected device
- Unplug your device when the installation is complete
- Open the package from your home screen and select Jailbreak | Cydia
- Wait for confirmation that this is supported on your device and, if it is, go ahead and input your own offsets [ offsets ].
There are different offsets for each device and each iOS version so ensure that you are using the right ones.
Are you going to try Home Depot ? Let us know if you come across any problems and follow us on Facebook for more information.