If you want help and advice on how to upgrade your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch to iOS 10 firmware, this is the page to bookmark. The following tutorials will walk you through each step of the iOS 10 upgrade process making upgrading easy to do. We will also be providing you with video instructions and iOS 10 download links.
Image : iOS 10 Installation Tutorial
How to Install iOS 10 :
You can choose from any of the three following methods but, before you begin, backup your device data through iTunes and iCloud to make sure you don’t lose everything if something goes wrong during the upgrade. Once you have upgraded successfully, you will be able to restore your data from your backup.
Next, you need to make sure you have sufficient space on your device for the upgrade. Clear off any unwanted files and unused apps, temporary and cache files can be deleted and move your media onto an external form of storage – you can put it all back on your iOS device afterwards
Method 1 – OTA :
The smallest upgrade size and ideal for those who do not want to jailbreak in the future as jailbreaking and OTA do not work together:
- On your iOS device, open your Settings app
- Tap on General
- Tap on Software Update
- So long as your device is connected to the internet you will see a popup message prompting you to download the update
- Instructions will be given on the screen – follow them
This is best done via Wi-Fi as it will use up a chunk of your data allowance or cost you dearly in provider fees.
Method 2 – iTunes :
The most popular download method, can be used with jailbreaking:
- Make sure you update to the latest iTunes version
- Connect your device to your computer and open iTunes
- Go to the Device Summary page for your connected device
- Click Update
- Follow the on-screen instructions to download iOS 10 to your device
- When the upgrade is complete, your device will reboot and you will be presented with the “Hello” screen
Method 3 – IPSW Files :
This is also a recommended method for those looking to get iOS 10 Jailbreak . This involves manual installation of iOS 10 firmware file , .ipsw file as we say it .
- Download iOS 10 IPSW file for your device
- Update iTunes to the latest version if you haven’t already
- Connect your iOS device to your computer and open iTunes
- Go to the Device Summary for the connected device
- Hold down Shift [Windows] or ALT| OPTION [Mac] and click on Restore in iTunes at the same time.
- Navigate to the iOS 10 IPSW file you downloaded and select it
- iTunes will now begin to download iOS 10 onto your device
- When the upgrade is done, your device will reboot and you will see the “Hello” screen
Please remember that the OTA method is not compatible with jailbreaking so if there is a chance that you might jailbreak your device, use an iTunes method to upgrade.