Apple has released their next update, iOS 10.1.1 download. As with the previous updates to iOS 10 this is another bug fix and does not provide us with any new features. As such, if your iPhone or iPad is working fine, there isn’t any rush to update to it. But if you have already downloaded and installed iOS 10.1.1 on your iOS device , you dont need to worry about jailbreaking either. Here is some good news for iOS 10.1.1 jailbreak seekers. Keep reading for more details.
Image : iOS 10.1.1 Jailbreak Update
Method 1: Quick Download Cydia on iOS 10.1.1
This tutorial will work on the latest iOS 10.1.1 firmware released by Apple and supports both 64 bit and 32 bit iOS devices .
- Launch the Safari web browser on your iPhone or iPad running iOS 10.1.1 .
- Now simply type in ios9cydia.com in the address bar and open the mobile web page.
- After this webpage loads completely on your iOS device , go to the bottom of the screen and tap on the UP arrow [ as shown below ].
- This will bring up a page where you will select Add to HomeScreen .
- In the next screen , rename the app icon as Cydia and then tap on Add button
- On your homescreen you will now see the Cydia iOS 10.1.1 app icon installed. Tap on that to access iOS 10.1.1 jailbreak app updates directly on your device.
Video : Here is a video tutorial of the above process
Method 2 : Yalu Jailbreak
The fact that Luca Todesco has released Yalu Jailbreak is the biggest surprise of all, given that he is not known for sharing jailbreak utilities with the public. However, as a security researcher he is, perhaps, best placed to search out and find vulnerabilities that other teams maybe can’t find. He has already warned us that things are going to get tougher for jailbreaking in the future and, as such, we should make the most of this jailbreak.
Image : Yalu Jailbreak
Before You Jailbreak :
That said, there are a number of things you should be aware of about Yalu Jailbreak before you use it to jailbreak your iOS device :
- First, Yalu is a beta jailbreak and that means, if you do choose to install it, be prepared for it to be somewhat unstable and for it to have some bugs and glitches in it. We have been told by Lua Todesco that we should leave it for the developers to test out first, while he works on making it less buggy.
- Like PPHelper, Yalu is a semi-untethered jailbreak and, as such, whenever your device is rebooted, you are going to have to reactivate the jailbreak
- Instead of being the simple one-click installation method, you are going to have to side-load Yalu jailbreak onto your device using Cydia Impactor and that means you will need a valid Apple ID
Having digested all of that, if you still want to install Yalu, check out the links below for more details.