Apple has just released iOS 11.1, their first major update since iOS 11 was released in September and it is now available for download by all users. It contains some bug fixes and some security updates as well as a few new features as detailed below.
Image : iOS 11.1 Download Tutorial
How to Download iOS 11.1 :
You can download iOS 11.1 in one of these three ways; be aware that, if you intend to jailbreak in the future, you should avoid the OTA method and only use iTunes for updating. Whichever method you use , donot forget to backup your data first.
Method 1: OTA
- Launch Settings on your iPad or iPhone and tap on General > Software Update
- The download will be found, tap on Download and Install on the confirmation message
- Wait while your device is updated to iOS 11.1 , it will reboot when the update is finished
Method 2: iTunes
Make sure you are on the latest version of iTunes , open iTunes, click on Help > Check for Updates and follow the instructions on the screen to update if needed.
- Connect your iOS device to your computer and open iTunes
- If you have more than one device registered then click the device Summary for the connected one
- Click Update and then click Update and Install
- Wait for iTunes to finish the update , your device will reboot to the Hello screen
Method 3: iTunes with IPSW
- On your computer, download iOS 11.1 IPSW [ links below ] that corresponds to your specific iOS device
- Connect the iPhone or iPad to your computer and open iTunes
- On your keyboard, press the SHIFT [ Windows ] or ALT [ MAC ] key and click Restore in iTunes at the same time
- Now find the IPSW you downloaded and click on it
- Click Install on the iTunes message and leave it to update your device to iOS 11.1 , your iPhone or iPad should reboot to the Hello screen when the update is complete
iOS 11.1 IPSW :
Jailbreak Update :
iOS 11 is still relatively new and with the amount of security updates we keep getting for it, providing a jailbreak is proving troublesome. That’s not to say we won’t get one because we have no doubt that developers are working hard on it right now. It just may be a case of sitting tight and waiting until they can give us something worthwhile.
For now, you can follow us on Facebook to stay up to date with all the latest jailbreak news