We all know that Apple hates jailbreaking with a passion and they make no secret of the fact that, despite it being legal, they will do everything in their power to put a stop to it. When iOS 10 came out, it seemed that they may just have succeeded because it took so long for a jailbreak to be released. Eventually, Yalu jailbreak was released but it was the only one we got. iOS 11 seemed to be going the same way; Apple has released a slew of updates in the last few weeks to fix bugs and provide more security and the latest one is the iOS 11.2 download. The good news ? It can be jailbroken so here’s how to download it.
Image : iOS 11.2 Jailbreak
How to Download iOS 11.2 Jailbreak :
There are two ways to do this so pick which method is best for you:
Method 1: Safari Browser [ Easy Method ]
Please note that you can only use the Safari browser for this method, none of the others are set up to work with it:
- Launch Safari on your iPhone or iPad
- Go to the address bar and type in ios9cydia.com
- Tap go and wait for the page to load before looking for and tapping the UP arrow , top right of the iPad screen and bottom center on the iPhone
- Now you will see a set of new options across the bottom of the page , tap on Add to Home Screen
- Next, a new page will load asking you to name the app icon. Type in Cydia and tap on Add
- Close Safari and the Cydia icon will be on one of your home screens
Video: Watch to see how to do these steps
Method 2: Yalu Jailbreak [ Advanced Method ]
Yalu Jailbreak is the sole jailbreak utility for iOS 10 a real downfall from the days when utilities were coming at us from all directions. Given that Taig, Pangu, and PP jailbreak teams seemed to have disappeared, we had to rely on Luca Todesco to produce our only utility and, although he said he wouldn’t, he has now provided support for iOS 11.2. However, as those who used it on iOS 10 discovered, Yalu is a very limited utility and will not suit everyone. Here’s why :
Image : Yalu Jailbreak
- Yalu jailbreak will only work on the 64-bit iPhone; nothing else is supported
- You can only install Yalu jailbreak on your iPhone using a tool called Cydia Impactor. This requires the use of your Apple ID but if you don’t fancy the idea of using your ID, you can set a second ID up to use with Cydia Impactor.
- Lastly, Yalu is semi-untethered. For those not used to this, it means that you have to reactivate Yalu whenever you reboot your iPhone. However, Extender Installer tool will automate this for you
So, if your iPhone can take Yalu jailbreak and you want to install it, you can check out all the information and a download guide in the posts linked below :
How to Stop Cydia from Crashing :
As you may have noticed, Yalu jailbreak tends to crash within 7 days of you downloading it. This happens with any app that you need to use Cydia Impactor and your Apple ID for and it is because Apple will revoke the certificate. They do this because they don’t sign it and consider it invalid and there is only one way to stop it from happening You need to download Anti Revoke [ext link], a tool that blocks the certificate and stops it from being revoked.
Cydia Alternative :
There are many alternatives to Cydia app if you do not want to mess up with the iOS firmware and your iPhone.
If you are unable to install Cydia on your iPhone or iPad, then consider AppValley as an alternative. AppValley is an app installer that has a lot of extra content that you could once only get through Cydia such as paid content for free, modified apps like Pokémon Go++ and Snapchat++, and a selection of Cydia tweaks and apps. Although it won’t replace Cydia it is a good alternative so click the link to download AppValley [ext link].
TutuApp is a popular alternative to Cydia, designed for those who can’t jailbreak right now or even those who don’t want to. Although it can’t replace Cydia, it does offer a reasonable choice of Cydia tweaks, modified apps like Pokémon go++, Spotify++ and Snapchat++, as well as premium store content for free. Download Tutu App [ext link] today by following the tutorial at the given link
So, can you download the iOS 11.2 jailbreak or are you going to try one of the app installers? Let us know how you get on and get all the iOS 11.2 jailbreak updates by following us on Facebook .