The iOS 12.0.1 download has been released, bringing the usual round of bug fixes, improvements and security updates, along with some new features that we’ll be talking about shortly. First, the update is ready for all users to download right now, in three ways and later, we’ll show you how to do that. First, let’s look at these new features.
Image : iOS 12.0.1 IPSW Download
iOS 12.0.1 New Main Updates:
iOS 12.0.1 brings three new main features to the table, features that have been promised with the last couple of iOS updates and have finally made it into iOS 12.0.1. Here they are:
Airplay 2 Multi-Room Audio Support
- Multi-room audio support offers users the chance to play their audio in any room in the house on any Airplay 2-enabled speakers they have connected.
- All speakers can easily be controlled on your iPhone or iPad lock screen, from the control center or by using the Airplay controls from relevant apps on your device.
- Speakers can also be controlled using Siri on your iPhone, iPad, Apple TV or HomePod
- Users can play games or take calls on their devices without any interruption to the speaker playback
HomePod Stereo Pair
- Support finally added for adding a second HomePod speaker, creating stereo sound.
- HomePod Stereo pair can sense where it is in a room and can then balance the sound, depending on where the speakers are located
- Much wider soundstage than you get with a traditional stereo pair, thanks to advanced beam-forming
- Unless you have disabled Auto Updates in the Home app, HomePod will update automatically with support for stereo pairs.
- All messages are now stored in iCloud, along with attachments and photos sent with the message.
- No matter which device you use your iCloud account on, all messages will become available once you sign in
- If you delete a conversation or a message on one device, it will be removed from all devices
- All messages will continue to be secured with end-to-end-encryption
Other improvements :
There are lots of other improvements in iOS 12.0.1, including:
- New Schoolwork app allows teachers to assign reading assignments in iBooks to their students
- Certain sequences of characters were causing Messages to crash –fixed
- Some Messages were showing up in the wrong order – fixed
- Problem with syncing Health data – fixed
- Problem signing into/accessing files in Gmail, Google Docs, and Google Drive via Safari – fixed
- Users unable to change the apps that can access Health data – fixed
- Some users found apps in the wrong place on their home screen – fixed
- CarPlay Audio was distorted for some users – fixed
- Music selection on iPhone was failing with playback via Bluetooth or USB connection in some vehicles – fixed
How to Download iOS 12.0.1 :
iOS 12.0.1 can be downloaded onto your iOS device in three ways and you can find full details in our How To Update iOS Tutorial.
iOS 12.0.1 Download IPSW Direct Links :
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XS
- iPhone X
- iPhone10,4 (iPhone 8)
- iPhone10,5 (iPhone 8 Plus)
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 6s, iPhone 6
- iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone SE, iPhone 5s GSM, iPhone 5s CDMA
- iPad Pro (10.5-inch)
- iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (1st generation | 2nd generation)
- iPad 5 (9.7-inch – 2017)
- iPad 6 (9.7-inch – 2018)
- iPad Air 2, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 3
- iPad Pro (9.7‑inch)
- iPad Air 1, iPad mini 2
- iPod touch (6th generation)
iOS 12.0.1 offers some useful features and plenty of bug fixes which makes it an important download for all users. Do let us know if you have any trouble with the iOS 12.0.1 download and follow us on Facebook for all the latest news.