iOS 12.1.2 has been released by Apple to fix a few issues with the later iPhone models. In particular, it fixes an issue that affected the activation of eSims on the iPhone XR, XS, and XS Max, as well as fixing cellular connection issues in some geographic areas on the same models. There are also the usual security updates, enhancements and improvements. This is one of the latest in a slew of updates released by Apple to comply with a series of court rulings from China in a battle between the Cupertino company and Qualcomm. The update is available to all users and can be downloaded in three ways. Read on for more details.
How to Download iOS 12.1.2:
There are three methods; if you are thinking about jailbreaking in the near future, do NT use the OTA method as it is not compatible with jailbreak tools.
Method 1: Over the Air (OTA)
This is by far the easiest and smallest update method but should be avoided I you are going to jailbreak.
- Back your iOS device up through iTunes/iClouds
- Launch your Settings app
- Tap on General>Software Update
- Wait for the update to be found and then tap Download and Install
- Once the update has completed, your iOS device will reboot.
Method 2: iTunes
Before you start, make sure you are on the latest iTunes version and that you have backed your data up.
- Connect your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch to your PC or Mac
- Tap the Device Summary for the connected device (only if you have two or more devices registered)
- Tap on the Update button and iTunes will update your device to iOS 12.1.2
- When the update has finished your device will reboot
Method 3: iTunes with IPSW File
The third option involves downloading the iOS 12.1.2 IPSW file and then using iTunes to update
- Download the IPSW file for your device (Links below)
- Connect your device to your computer and open iTunes
- Choose the device summary for the connected device (if applicable)
- Hold the SHIFT(PC) or ALT (Mac) key down while clicking Update in iTunes
- Find the IPSW file you downloaded and click on it
- Click Download in iTunes and wait; when the update is done, your iOS device will reboot.
iOS 12.1.2 IPSW Links :
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XR
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 5s
There you have it, three very easy ways to update your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch to iOS 12.1.2. Make sure you update your device to take advantage of the bug fixes and security updates, particularly if yours is one of the affected devices. Don’t forget, if you are going to jailbreak please do not use the OTA method of updating and ensure that you use TinyUmbrella after the update to save your SHSH blobs.
Follow us on Facebook and we’ll keep you up to date with all the latest iOS 12 news and updates and if you like this page, click on Following>See First, the updates will be posted to your timeline as and when published.