With iOS 12 barely 2 months old, Apple has now released the first major update to it and all users can now download iOS 12.1. At a little under 485 MB file size , it’s a reasonable size update, down to the additions that Apple has included this time around. iOS 12.1 allows download of Free App Installers like Emus4U app without jailbreaking. As always there are three ways to download it but before we go into that, first we’ll look at some of the features that iOS 12.1 brings.
iOS 12.1 Features :
There are several new features in this latest update from Apple, including :
- Group FaceTime – providing support for up to 32 people in any one FaceTime call. Support is also provided for the Apple Watch OS 5.1 and Mac OS 4.1, allowing for interaction across multiple platforms. Not all devices are compatible though and some can only use FaceTime group calling in audio.
- Emoji Characters – more than 70 new ones have been added for use in email, messages, social media and more.
- Camera App – Real-time adjustment of Depth Control has been added so you can tweak before you take a photo. Works together with the ability to change the bokeh on any photograph once taken
- Dual-Sim – Functionality has been added to support the dual sim eSim function on iPhone XS, XR, and XS Max, allowing users to run two telephone numbers on the same device. Carrier support is awaited though so be patient.
Overall, this is a pretty good update from Apple, one that most, if not all, users will want to take advantage of. Of course, we also have the usual enhancement and performance updates along with minor bug fixes and security updates too.
How to Download iOS 12.1 :
As mentioned, there are three ways to download iOS 121 onto your iPhone, iPad or iPad Touch and you can find all three methods at the link below, with full step-by-step tutorials.
iOS 12.1 Download IPSW Links
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XR
- iPhone X
- iPhone10,4 (iPhone 8)
- iPhone10,5 (iPhone 8 Plus)
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 6s, iPhone 6
- iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone SE, iPhone 5s GSM, iPhone 5s CDMA
- iPad Pro (10.5-inch)
- iPad Pro (11-inch – 2018)
- iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (1st generation | 2nd generation | 3rd generation)
- iPad 5 (9.7-inch – 2017)
- iPad 6 (9.7-inch – 2018)
- iPad Air 2, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 3
- iPad Pro (9.7‑inch)
- iPad Air 1, iPad mini 2
- iPod touch (6th generation)
Go ahead and download iOS 12.1 now but don’t forget; if you are hoping to take advantage of a jailbreak should one come along, you should update using one of the iTunes methods as jailbreak utilities are not compatible with the OTA update method. Also, don’t forget to use TinyUmbrella to save your SHSH blobs.
Let us know if you run into any problems when you download iOS 12.1 and follow us on Facebook for more iOS news. You can also like this page and click on Following>See First for instant updates.