iOS 9 was released just a week ago, and Apple has already come up with the release of iOS 9.0.1. Well, this is a little bit surprising, as we thought the next update would be iOS 9.1. But what extra does iOS 9.0.1 offer over iOS 9 ? Well, obviously it should be fixing some frustrating issues that we saw in iOS 9.
Image : iOS 9.0.1 Download Links
iOS 9.0.1 Features and Fixes :
- Firstly, iOS 9.0.1 fixes the bug which was causing problem with the iOS setup assistant right after Installing iOS 9. This bug is really frustrating as it causes the setup process to get stuck in just one position, which resulted in the users not being able to complete the setup process properly and thus they got stuck on the Slide to Upgrade screen. The interim fix from Apple for this issue was that the users must restore from a backup via iTunes to avoid the issue.
- Another bug that causes timers and alarms to not execute has been fixed. Users had also reported that when they would play a video in the Photos app and Mobile Safari and when they paused the video, the paused frame would occasionally appear distorted. This bug has been also fixed in iOS 9.0.1
- One more issue has been fixed as stated in the official change log. A few users who tried to use a custom VPN via a profile had reported that they were losing mobile data. Thankfully, iOS 9.0.1 fixes this bug.
Of course, more bugs will be resolved and more updates will follow. So make sure that you always update to the latest iOS version to get a more stable and smoother firmware.
How to Install iOS 9.0.1 :
1. OTA Update:
You can directly update to iOS 9.0.1 from your device via OTA.
- Go to Settings > General > Software Update.
- Tap on the Download and Install option.
- Once the update is downloaded, tap on Install to install it right away.
2. Update via iTunes :
- Update iTunes to the latest version and open it.
- Now connect your iOS device to your PC or Mac.
- Select your device in iTunes and click on Summary.
- Now click on Update.
- iTunes will check for the available update. Now click on Download and Update to update your device to iOS 9.0.1.
3. Manual IPSW Installation:
- Download the iOS 9.0.1 IPSW firmware file for your specific device model from the list below.
- Now connect your iOS device to your Mac or PC via USB cable and launch iTunes.
- Now select your device and go to Summary.
- Now press and hold down the Alt key (on Mac) or Shift key (on Windows) and simultaneously click on the Restore button.
- Now select the IPSW file that you downloaded.
- iTunes will now update your device to iOS 9.0.1.
iOS 9.0.1 Download Links :
- iPad Air 2 (6th generation WiFi)
- iPad Air 2 (6th generation Cellular)
- iPad Air (5th generation Cellular)
- iPad Air (5th generation WiFi)
- iPad Air (5th generation China)
- iPad (4th generation CDMA)
- iPad (4th generation GSM)
- iPad (4th generation WiFi)
- iPad mini (CDMA)
- iPad mini (GSM)
- iPad mini (WiFi)
- iPad mini 2 (Cellular)
- iPad mini 2 (WiFi)
- iPad mini 2 (China)
- iPad mini 3 (China)
- iPad mini 3 (WiFi)
- iPad mini 3 (Cellular)
- iPad mini 4 (WiFi)
- iPad mini 4 (Cellular)
- iPad 3 Wi-Fi (3rd generation)
- iPad 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular (GSM)
- iPad 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular (CDMA)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi (Rev A)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G (GSM)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G (CDMA)
- iPhone 5 (CDMA)
- iPhone 5 (GSM)
- iPhone 5c (CDMA)
- iPhone 5c (GSM)
- iPhone 5s (CDMA)
- iPhone 5s (GSM)
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 4s
- iPod touch (5th-generation)
- iPod touch (6th-generation)