For some people, the lack of jailbreaks in the few months has been irritating; for others, it’s a clear sign that Apple has finally won, that they have managed to put a stop to jailbreaking at long last. Pangu doesn’t see it that way and they certainly are not giving in without a fight. As well as showing off an iOS 10 Jailbreak at MOSEC in early July, they also apparently hinted at a new jailbreak for iOS 9.2 upwards. They didn’t give any idea as to when it would be released but we haven’t had to wait for too long because today we can announce PPHelper, the new iOS 9.2.1 jailbreak. The jailbreak is a combined effort from Pangu and PP Assistant but, unfortunately, it isn’t going to work for everyone.
Image : iOS 9.2.1 Jailbreak Update
Things to Know :
- First, PPHelper only works on Windows at the moment so until a Mac version is released, some of you will not be able to use it
- Second, it can only be installed on 64-bit devices so anyone who has a 2-bit device will miss out
- Third, it is only available in Chinese at this stage. We are waiting for an English version but, to make sure you don’t have to wait too long, we have prepared a full English-language tutorial for you to follow – more details on that in a while.
Supported Devices :
First, these are the iOS devices that PPHelper iOS 9.2.1 can be installed on:
- iPhone 5S, 6, 6 Plus, 6S, 6S Plus, SE
- iPad Air, Air 2
- iPad Mini 2, Mini 3, Mini 4
- iPad Pro
- iPod Touch 6
How to iOS 9.3.1 Jailbreak :
You can choose any one of these methods to install iOS 9.2.1 jailbreak onto your compatible iOS device .
Method 1 : PPHelper Jailbreak
You can install the PPHelper jailbreak onto your device using your Windows computer. Clicking on the given link will take you to an English language tutorial to walk you through the whole process.
Method 2 : Safari Method for iOS 9.2.1 Jailbreak
- First launch Safari browser on your iPhone , iPod , iPad .
- Now launch your favorite search engine and type in this text iOS 9.2.1 jailbreak as shown in the image below .
- Tap on the result that reads ios9cydia.com . This will take you to a page dedicated to Cydia App icon download on iOS 9.2.1
- Now on your iPhone at the bottom of the screen tap the UP arrow. On iPad you will find the UP arrow at the top on the screen
- Now on the next screen tap on Add to Home Screen as shown in the image below
- Rename the app icon to Cydia if its not already that.
- Now on your homescreen you will see Cydia app icon
Video : Here is a video tutorial of the above process
Method 3 : Pangu 9.2.1 Installer
We are waiting for the Pangu 9.2.1 installer to be released but expect that it will not be too long so subscribe to our free email newsletter by entering your email into the box below and follow us on Facebook to be sent jailbreak update straight to your email inbox.