Jailbreaks are sometimes like buses; none at all for ages and then several come along at once. In this case, we only have one new jailbreak but that is enough for the jailbreak community, given that we haven’t seen one for months. The jailbreak is for iOS 9.2 and it was released by Pangu and PP Assistant. The jailbreak tool is called PPHelper and we are going to tell you how to install it on your iOS device.
Image : iOS 9.2 Jailbreak Update
First, though, although it is great news that we finally have another jailbreak, it won’t be so great for everyone. Pangu seems to have released the jailbreak quite quickly and, as such, it isn’t quite the jailbreak that we have come to expect. First, if you use a Mac computer, you cannot use PPHelper as it is only compatible with Windows at the moment. However, this is not unusual and a Mac version is likely to be released shortly. Second, if you only have a 32-bit device, you will also not be able to use PPHelper as it will only work on 64-bit devices.
Supported Devices :
Those 64-bit devices that are supported are as follows:
- iPhone 5S, 6, 6 Plus, 6S, 6S Plus, SE
- iPad Air, Air 2
- iPad Mini 2, Mini 3, Mini 4
- iPad Pro
- iPod Touch 6
Installing iOS 9.2 Jailbreak :
iOS 9.2 jailbreak can be downloaded onto your iOS device in one of three ways :
Method 1 : PPHelper Jailbreak
PPHelper jailbreak for iOS 9.2 can be installed on your device via your computer so click on the given link to go directly to a full step by step tutorial that will take you through the process. Be aware that the jailbreak itself is in Chinese at the moment, although we expect an English language version any time now.
Method 2 : Safari Method of iOS 9.2 Jailbreak
- First make sure you have iOS 9.2 Downloaded and installed on your device. You can check this by going to Settings > General > About . If you haven’t installed it yet , follow our iOS 9 installation tutorial , then proceed to Step 2 for more .
- Now launch the Safari browser on your device. Please note that using any other browser like Google Chrome , Opera will not work on this jailbreak method .
- Now search this term “ios 9.2 jailbreak” without the quotes as shown below . On the results page , find the site with the url ios9cydia.com and tap on that . This page is specifically designed to download cydia app icon on iOS 9.2 devices .
- If you cannot find the page on search , then simply type in this url ios9cydia.com in your Safari browser address bar which would then open the mobile version of the page as shown below .
- Now in the bottom of the screen you will notice a UP arrow , Tap on that to bring in a new options page
- Here you will get the option to Add to HomeScreen to download iOS 9 cydia on the phone . Tap on that .
- This will allow you to name the cydia app , keep its name as Cydia and tap on Add to proceed
- You now got Cydia icon on iOS 9.2. Open the app icon to stay updated to iOS 9.2 jailbreak status .
Video : Step by step process on video of the above method
Method 3 : Pangu 9.2 Jailbreak
This is still to be released and we are waiting to hear from Pangu as to when it will be. To make sure you know about Pangu 9.2 when it happens, along with any other jailbreak developments, follow us on Facebook and subscribe to our free email newsletter by putting your email into the box below.
Method 4 : Taig 9.2 Jailbreak
In a recent report it has come to light that Taig Team is secretly working on an iOS 9.2 jailbreak tool , aka Taig 9.2 [updated].