If you are using iOS 9, you will most likely be positive about the claim that it is the best iOS version till date. The new features brought in by iOS 9 have been loved by most of the users, and Apple wants to make sure that the user experience remains top notch. So a lot of updates are being rolled out gradually to make iOS 9 smoother and more stable. iOS 9.2.1 was released not long ago, and Apple has also seeded iOS 9.3. Finally, the company has taken the firmware one step ahead and has released iOS 9.3.1.
Image : iOS 9.3.1 Download now Live
Of course, being a 0.1 update, this release might not bring many changes. But you should know that it is called an update for a reason, and even though Apple has not released a changelog for this update, we are sure that it carries a good number of bug fixes and security fixes. So if you want to have the most secure and smoothest iOS experience, get the iOS 9.3.1 update now. Initial reports suggest fixes for an issue that caused iOS apps to be unresponsive after tapping on links in Safari browser and other apps on older iOS 9.3 devices .
iOS 9.3.1 Download and Update Tutorial
1. OTA Update
- Connect to a WiFi network before proceeding to download the update, as OTA updates are large and using mobile data to download them may cost you a lot.
- Go to Settings > General > Software Update.
- A notification for the new update will come up. Just download iOS 9.3.1 and your device will be updated automatically.
Note: OTA updates don’t work well with jailbreaks. So use the other two methods to update if you want to jailbreak later.
2. Update via iTunes
- Update iTunes in your PC | Mac to the latest version.
- Connect your iOS device to the Mac | PC and launch iTunes.
- Now go to Device Summary in iTunes and choose the Update option.
- A new update notification will come up. Click on Download and Update, and iOS 9.3.1 will be installed on your iOS device in a few minutes.
3. Manual IPSW Installation
- First download iOS 9.3.1 IPSW firmware files for your specific iOS device model from the links below.
- Get the latest iTunes version for your PC | Mac.
- Plug in your iOS device to your computer and open iTunes.
- Navigate to Device Summary in iTunes.
- Now press down the Alt key (for Mac) or the Shift key (for Windows) while simultaneously clicking on the Restore iPad | iPhone | iPod option.
- Then choose the .ipsw firmware file that was downloaded in the first step.
- Finally, iTunes will start installing iOS 9.3.1 to your iOS device.
iOS 9.3.1 Download IPSW Links :
Update 11th June 2016 : As of today Apple has stopped signing iOS 9.3.1 firmware. This means you can no longer installer iOS 9.3.1 firmware on your iOS device. Trying to force install this firmware will lead to Build Not Eligible Error on iTunes. Please skip to iOS 9.3.2 firmware download for more information.
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro (WiFi)
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro (Cellular)
- 9.7-inch iPad Pro (WiFi)
- 9.7-inch iPad Pro (Cellular)
- iPad Air 2 (6th generation WiFi)
- iPad Air 2 (6th generation Cellular)
- iPad Air (5th generation Cellular)
- iPad Air (5th generation WiFi)
- iPad Air (5th generation China)
- iPad (4th generation CDMA)
- iPad (4th generation GSM)
- iPad (4th generation WiFi)
- iPad mini (CDMA)
- iPad mini (GSM)
- iPad mini (WiFi)
- iPad mini 2 (Cellular)
- iPad mini 2 (WiFi)
- iPad mini 2 (China)
- iPad mini 3 (China)
- iPad mini 3 (WiFi)
- iPad mini 3 (Cellular)
- iPad mini 4 (WiFi)
- iPad mini 4 (Cellular)
- iPad 3 Wi-Fi (3rd generation)
- iPad 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular (GSM)
- iPad 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular (CDMA)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi (Rev A)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G (GSM)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G (CDMA)
- iPhone 5 (CDMA)
- iPhone 5 (GSM)
- iPhone 5c (CDMA)
- iPhone 5c (GSM)
- iPhone 5s (CDMA)
- iPhone 5s (GSM)
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 4s
- iPod touch (5th-generation)
- iPod touch (6th-generation)
Useful Links :