Though a lot of people imagine what the use of weather apps is to the regular users, a lot of users think otherwise. For instance, people who like to go to the beach or have fishing as their hobby will consult the weather app to make sure that the weather is perfect for what they want to do. So there’s no doubt that weather apps are very useful, but many iOS users are not satisfied with the current weather apps and want something more.
Image : Meteor – Live Weather Info on App
If you like weather apps and have a jailbroken iOS device running iOS 9, then we have an excellent Cydia tweak for you that adds a bit more excitement to your iOS device. Meteor is a new jailbreak tweak that has landed on Cydia just a few days ago. The tweak brings live weather information to the Weather app icon and the Status bar. A lot of users had been waiting for this tweak to release, and now that it’s out, let’s check out its features.
- Meteor adds a new icon in the Status bar, and the icon shows the current temperature of the current location your are in. The temperature keeps refreshing automatically in the background at fixed intervals to constantly provide updated information. The tweak also brings temperature and weather information to the Weather app icon.
- The transition between condition and temperature changes is nicely animated, giving it a more modern feel.
- The text in the Weather app icon is replaced with the current weather condition.
- You can enable or disable the Status bar icon and the custom icon or both.
- The Status bar icon shows temperature with an option for displaying temperature unit. Celsius and Fahrenheit both are supported.
- The Status bar icon also gets weather condition glyph.
- You can customize the position of the Status bar icon to move it to the left or right. The refresh delay can be customized too as per your preference.
- You can use local weather, but for that you need to enable location services for the Weather app.
If you are thinking about the effect of the Meteor tweak on the battery life of your iOS device, the developer assures the users that the tweak uses very minimal power. During an interval of 8 hours, only 4-5% of the battery got drained in the developer’s test with a refresh rate of 30 minutes. A higher refresh rate would obviously drain the battery faster.
Meteor is an excellent jailbreak tweak for those who love weather apps. You can get Meteor for $1.99 from the BigBoss repo in Cydia. Free download also possible via 3rd party repo’s .