It has been a long time since we last saw a usable jailbreak, iOS 9.1 to be precise. We have seen a few videos and photos from an Italian hacker, showing later versions of the iOS jailbroken and one video from GSMagic, showing iOS 9.3.3 Jailbreak on beta 1 but, with the exception of a vague promise from the latter team that they may release their jailbreak, things are not looking too hopeful at the moment.
Image : Mojo Installer Download
It isn’t just jailbreakers that want to be able to modify their iOS devices, though. Some users who are still too afraid of the perceived risks of jailbreaking want to be able to have more features than Apple provides on the stock iOS and we think we may have the answer for you. It’s called Mojo and it’s an app installer like , Extensify that offers more than Apple but not quite as much as jailbreaking does.
Features of Mojo Installer :
- No need to jailbreak
- Works on all iOS 9 versions, including the latest iOS 9.3.3 firmware [at the time of writing this article]
- Offers a reasonable number of external apps and tweaks that you won’t find in the iOS app store
- Has a Quick Search feature that helps you find apps and tweaks quickly
- You can add repositories to it, just like Cydia
- You can track your download history
- Easy to delete if you don’t like it
Mojo isn’t Cydia and it doesn’t offer the functionality that Cydia gives us but it does offer enough to make it a decent alternative while we wait for a new jailbreak. The steps to download the Mojo Installer app [ext link] is a bit more involved than getting an app from the Apple appstore but it is straightforward enough.
Download Mojo Installer on iOS 9 :
- On your iOS device, open Safari
- Type the address bar mojoinstaller.org
- Tap the UP arrow on the page that loads – bottom of the screen for an iPhone user, top for an iPad user
- Tap on Add to Home Screen from the options list
- Name your app and tap on Add
- Close down Safari and you will see the app icon on your home screen
Video: this video shows the download steps
Handling Mojo Installer Errors :
You might come up against a couple of errors but neither are serious and can easily be got around with a couple of steps. First, if you get a Profile Installation Failed error, you can find the steps to solve it here. Second, if one of your Mojo apps doesn’t run, head over to Settings > General > Profile, find the app and tap on Trust. The problem is caused by the app certificate and this will sort it out for you.
Using the Mojo Installer on iOS 9 :
Using Mojo is very easy .
- Launch Mojo
- Search for an app or tweak
- Add a repository to get more
- Follow the on-screen instructions to download the apps and tweaks that you want