The whole iOS community was surprised when Pangu released their Rootless iOS 9 jailbreak tool on Oct 14th 2015 . It really came out at a time when a Pangu 9 jailbreak was the least expected. iOS 9 was earlier surrounded by rumors that suggested that the firmware was unjailbreakable due to a rootless security feature in it, but now that Pangu has given us the much-needed iOS 9 jailbreak download finally, all the rumors have been put to rest. Cydia creator Saurik has also updated Cydia Substrate to provide a flawless iOS 9 support. Note that Pangu 9 is now officially supported for iOS 9.1 jailbreak , so jailbreak success rate is 100% and works on all iOS 9.1 devices .
Image : Pangu 9 – iOS 9 Jailbreak
Since the moment the Pangu 9 jailbreak was launched, a large number of users have already jailbroken their iOS devices. In case you aren’t one of them and want to jailbreak iOS 9, just follow the below-given simple tutorial.
Pangu 9 Device Compatibility:
- iPod Touch 5G
- iPhone 4s, 5c, 5, 5s, 6, 6 Plus (We still don’t know whether or not iPhone 6s and 6s Plus are compatible with Pangu 9.
- iPad mini, iPad mini 3, iPad mini Retina, iPad 2, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Air, iPad Air 2.
How to Jailbreak iOS 9 with Pangu 9 :
Note: Please take a full backup of your iOS 9 device with iTunes or iCloud before using the Pangu 9 jailbreak tool
- Go to the Pangu 9 download page [ext link] from your computer and download the iOS 9 jailbreak tool to your desktop.
- Extract the zip file on the desktop and open the jailbreak tool. In case you’re on Windows, open the Pangu tool in Administrator Mode.
- Disable Touch ID | Passcode and Find My iPhone.
- Plug your iOS 9 device to your computer and let Pangu 9 detect your device. make sure you are connected to the internet
- After the Pangu tool detects your device, click the Start button.
- The jailbreak process will initiate. Just keep patience and do not disturb your device or computer.
- During the process, the tool will ask you to turn on the Airplane mode several times. Just do it by browsing to Settings > Airplane mode.
- After the process has completed, your iOS 9 device will reboot and you will find Cydia installed on your Home screen.
- You can now launch Cydia and download your favourite tweaks.
In case you are jailbreaking iOS 9 for the first time, you can check out the list of compatible Cydia tweaks for iOS 9. In case you are not able to jailbreak, you can solve the Pangu 9 jailbreak errors by following this guide [ext link].
Video : Here is a video tutorial of the above process step by step
Other iOS 9 Jailbreak Tools :
Subscribe to our newsletter and follow us on Facebook ; iOS 9 Jailbreak updates will be sent direct to your inbox.