Despite the fact that Apple attempts to thwart jailbreaking at every turn, so far, they have not been successful and, whenever they release a major update their firmware, a jailbreak will inevitably follow it. The very latest tool that is available for public use is PPHelper, released jointly by PP Assistant and Pangu. However, it will only work on 64-bit iOS devices and, unusually for recent times, it is a semi-untethered jailbreak. To save you the hassle of having to reinstall it every time you reboot your device, Luca Todesco has released a new tool that reactivates PPHelper jailbreak for you . You can find the download links and instructions for use at the given link. Before you do that, follow the steps below to install PPHelper onto your device.
Image : PPHelper iOS 9.3.5 Jailbreak
Before you Jailbreak using PPHelper :
There are a couple of things you must do in order to prepare your device for jailbreaking:
- Make sure your computer is running the latest version of iTunes
- Back your iOS device up through iTunes and or iCloud
- If your device has been updated via the OTA method, you should restore it again using iTunes Jailbreaks are not compatible with OTA updates
- Disable your passcode
- Disable Find my iPhone
- Disable Touch ID
How to Jailbreak iOS 9.3.5 with PPHelper :
- First, Download PPHelper [ext link] to your Windows PC
- Connect your iOS device to your computer
- Right-click on the PPHelper icon on your desktop and choose Run as Administrator to open PPHelper
- Wait for PPHelper to recognize your iOS device – if it doesn’t, disconnect and then reconnect your iOS device and try again
- If asked to, input the Captcha code
- PPHelper will begin to prepare for the jailbreak
- When the preparation is done, you will need to agree to a profile being installed on your iOS device , this is critical to the jailbreak process so ensure you give your permission
- Ow open Settings > Security on your iOS device and locate the Profiles page. Click Trust beside Pangu | PPHelper
- Launch PP from your device homescreen
- Allow Push Notifications
- Uncheck the box next to Install PP Assistant
- Click the button in the middle of your screen
- Lock your iOS device screen and wait for the Pangu notification to appear. Ignore the Storage is full message
- When your iOS device reboots you can click the PPHelper icon and check to see if the jailbreak was successful or not with Cydia installed as shown in the image below.
Note : If for some reason the jailbreak did not go as planned, simply start from the beginning again.
Tell us how you get on with the new jailbreak and if you have any trouble installing it. Follow us on Facebook and Subscribe to our free email newsletter for up to the minute jailbreak developments.