Safari is the default web browser for both iOS and OS X. On iOS devices, unless you jailbreak and install a tweak like BrowserChooser, you can’t use any other. Over the years, the user experience for Safari has been refined; the browser now has a much cleaner simplistic look to it and it is packed full of useful features. On top of that, thanks to numerous upgrades and a lot of under-the-hood work, Safari is also a lot faster to use.
Image : Searching a Text in a Webpage in Safari
Users of Safari will be familiar with the Unified Bar and will know that it has two main functions. The first is as a web address bar and the second is as a search bar. We are going to take a look at how the bar uses the Search Within a Webpage function and how you can use it to find a particular phrase or word on a website.
How to Find Text on a Website in Safari :
In Safari, where you type in the URL of the website you want to look at, you also type in the phrases or the words you want to look for on that particular website. When your page has loaded and you type in your phrase, the webpage will disappear – don’t be alarmed, nothing has gone wrong. In fact, the webpage is still functioning in the background.
- When your website has loaded up, tap on the address bar
- Type in the word or phrase you want to search for
- A list of results will appear and, towards the bottom, you will see a heading that says “On This Page” with the total number of results beside it.
- The the search term under the heading and you will go back to the webpage with all the search terms highlighted
- You can use the arrows or navigations icons at the bottom of the page to flick through the highlighted entries.
- When you are finished, tap on Done
There was a similar feature in iOS 6 but with iOS 7, the address and search bars were unified into one, saving space and making it more user-friendly. It will take a little getting used to if you have not used it yet but, once you get the hang of it, you’ll wonder why it wasn’t done earlier. Let us know your thoughts on this feature.
Video : Here is a video explaining the above process for your convenience