At long last and without any warning, Pangu has released a new iOS jailbreak. Developed in conjunction with PP Assistant, the tool is called PPHelper and it supports iOS 9.2 to iOS 9.3.3. If you have not yet updated your iOS device with this latest jailbreak, you can do so now using our step by step tutorial linked above. If you have updated, you will be interested in learning that Saurik has updated Cydia Substrate to support the jailbreak and the latest iOS version.
Image : Cydia Substrate
Now on version 0.9.6200, Cydia Substrate is an important tool for any jailbreakers to update. Apart from the fact that it is required if you want to successfully install Cydia packages | repo sources onto your device it also gives you access to another important feature – Substrate Safe Mode. This is used when your iOS device crashes after jailbreaking , instead of having to restore your device and start again, it allows you to run your device while troubleshooting it to find the problem.
Features of Cydia Substrate Update :
The latest update to Cydia Substrate provides the following features :
- Support for iOS 9.2 through to iOS 9.3.3
- Fixes a function hooking bug that caused instability on iOS devices on all versions of Cydia Substrate
- Helps to decrease the issue of storage that has shown up with the PPHelper jailbreak. This is not going to prove a total fix and there are no indications that there ever will be a full fix for this but this update will help. Note – if you already downloaded an extension to help you out with this issue, you must delete it before you update Cydia Substrate
- Provides support for No Substrate Mode on iOS 9.2 to iOS 9.3.3. Jailbreakers use No Substrate Mode when their iOS devices start playing up after installing a possibly dodgy or incompatible tweak. The idea is that it allows you to determine and remove the troublesome package from your device and, to get into it, reboot your iOS device and open Cydia. Then hold the Volume Up button down until you go into the mode.
Update Cydia Substrate on iOS 9.3.3 :
Those of you that have installed PPHelper already should perform this update to protect your devices:
- Open Cydia
- Choose Changes from the four options at the bottom of the Cydia screen
- Locate the update in the list that appears – if it isn’t there, just tap on Refresh and it will show up
- Tap on the update and download it
- Reboot your iOS device so that the installation can complete
Let us know how you are getting on with PPHelper jailbreak and, to get the very latest jailbreak updates straight to your inbox, Subscribe to our free email newsletter and follow us on Facebook.