The latest iOS release, iOS 9, has brought a lot of new features and renovations to the firmware, one of which is the App Switcher. The basic purpose and function of the App Switcher remains the same, but it has got a new, redesigned look in iOS 9.
Image : Switcher Tweak for iOS 9 App Switching Customization
However, stock iOS is not enough for those who like to jailbreak their iOS devices, and the new iOS 9 App Switcher is not going to be enough too for such users. Thankfully, iOS 9 is now jailbroken and the new App Switcher can be further customised with a new jailbreak tweak called the SwitcherTweak. So in case you are one of those users who love playing around with the App Switcher, here are the features of this newly released tweak.
- The SwitcherTweak enables you to customize the App Switcher in iOS 9, and the customization options are many.
- Using this tweak, you can modify the scrolling direction inside the App Switcher, you can add respring options, you can also add padding or blur to the background, and so much more.
- Once you install the SwitcherTweak, you can go to the stock Settings app and check out the preference panel of this tweak. The preferences include a kill switch to enable | disable the tweak, options to change the page scroll direction, default switcher options, and more features for customizing the iOS 9 App Switcher.
- You need to respring your iOS device after making any changes in the preferences of the tweak.
- One of the best features of SwitcherTweak is the ability to change scrolling direction. This way, if you use your iPhone with your right hand, then you can choose the scroll direction according to your dominant hand, which makes it more convenient.
- The vertical scrolling ability of the tweak is also very cool, and it gives the App Switcher a totally different pace.
Download SwitcherTweak for iOS 9
SwitcherTweak can be downloaded for free, which is why you must try it at least once. You need to add a third-party repo in order to download the tweak on your iOS device.
- Launch Cydia and go to the Sources section.
- Now choose Edit and tap on the Add button.
- Enter the following repo URL in the box that comes up : http://skylerk99.github.io
- Now tap on Add Source and the repo will be added to your Cydia Sources.
You can now go to the Changes tab and choose SwitcherTweak to install the package on your iOS device. If you have not jailbroken yet, follow our Pangu 9 iOS 9 Jailbreak Guide.